Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KyleForce94 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2014, 09:06 PM
    Is it normal to feel guilty about cheating?
    I took a test for one of my classmates. I was repaying them for a essay they wrote for me, my professor makes us take all the test online. My professor will automatically give someone an F, if someone is caught cheating. The test score haven't been uploaded yet, but I feel guilty. Before my professor started the lecture today they mentioned that someone had cheated on the quiz, he said that while looking in my direction. There were other students sitting near me, so I don't think they were directly speaking to anyone. I turned my head and started slouching in my chair before he turned in our direction.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 09:18 PM
    Your professor through that out there to observe the guilty people squirming in their seats and making them feel uncomfortable. If your guilt doesn't teach you to confess, or do better, you will probably cheat again, and probably get caught and pay for your cheating. Guilt teaches us that are actions or decisions may not be the best. Yes its normal to feel guilt after doing wrong, or breaking the rules or someone trust.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 09:19 PM
    Please write your own essays, and don't take tests for anyone. And yes, it''s normal to feel guilty. If you didn't feel guilty, I'd really worry about you. And stop cheating.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2014, 09:28 PM
    It's normal to feel guilty if you have morals. It's also normal that once you feel that guilt, you don't continue to cheat, you confess and take your punishment, and you strive to act morally, which will prevent you from needing to feel guilt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I feel guilty. [ 0 Answers ]

Okay so about a year ago, there was this boy who was basically obsessed with me. I paid him no attention because I felt I was better than him. Whatever call me a high maintanced girl, that's okay. Anyway a boyfriend and I had broken up so I decided I wanted to date this said guy who was obsessed...

Should I Feel Guilty? [ 31 Answers ]

I think there are similar posts, sorry for a repost, but I suppose everyone is different... I recently got dumped (3weeks ago) by an Ex/Gf she had left 3 times in 3 yrs (twice cheating), and I have always been "There" for her when we txt messaged each other or anything, our recent break up I...

I feel guilty? [ 9 Answers ]

OK so here it is.this guy asked me to send him a pic of me in my bra.and I said no ill feel like a slut.Then he said noo that's not being a slut its just people saying complements about yourself.and I still said no.then he said well fine bye I thought you would make me day feel better but I guess...

How guilty should I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself...

View more questions Search