Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Feb 27, 2014, 01:23 PM
    Need My WPA Code
    Just bought a wireless internet radio and I have it hooked up via ethernet, want to go wireless and need my WPA Code. Wrote it down and can not find it any ideas how to find it?
    Sorry, I was born to early to be able to figure out these computer things.
    I just saw where I can recover my WPA will give it a try.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2014, 01:27 PM
    You need to go into your wireless router's configuration to find the code. How to get into it is dependent on the make and model.

Feb 27, 2014, 05:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You need to go into your wireless router's configuration to find the code. How to get into it is dependent on the make and model.
    I found a paper that had a code, I put it in and it was wrong. Found another paper and it was the right one. It was really a learning curve to program the radio but I managed to get it going. Thanks
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2014, 07:06 AM
    Since in most cases the encryption key is simply to keep random strangers from accessing your network from your driveway, I generally tape the paper with the key on it to the bottom of the router.

Sure, if someone is in your house and looks under the router they can get on to your network, but how big a risk is that really?

WallyH

Feb 28, 2014, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyHelps View Post
    Since in most cases the encryption key is simply to keep random strangers from accessing your network from your driveway, I generally tape the paper with the key on it to the bottom of the router.

Sure, if someone is in your house and looks under the router they can get on to your network, but how big a risk is that really?

WallyH

Good Idea, of course one has to be careful with IRS and NSA Spying on everything
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2014, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Good Idea, of course one has to be careful with IRS and NSA Spying on everything

THat won't stop them when they watch everything that comes into and out of your router via the broadband connection, along with all of your neighbors.

Feb 28, 2014, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    THat won't stop them when they watch everything that comes into and out of your router via the broadband connection, along with all of your neighbors.
    So True!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wpa key [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find WPA key? Thanks

Can't remember WPA [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to connect to wireless but cannot find wpa number

Wpa key on router [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find my wpa key on my linksys router.

Forgot WPA key [ 7 Answers ]

I have stored wirless connection in my old laptop wich had WPA Key I want to connect my new laptop same network but I dunt remember the key can I get the key from ma old laptop where connection is already store? Am using windows XP

How to set up WPA encryption? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hi. My desktop is connected to the internet through a wireless modem/router. I use WEP encryption protocol to secure my network, but recently I found out that this protocol is easy to be hacked (some guys with the appropriate equipment hacked this encryption in about 3 min!). So, I...

View more questions Search