Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2014, 07:34 PM
    Lukemia and death.
    My 76 year old friend was told this week that his white blood cells are gone. Cancer in his bone marrow. He starts chemo next week. If the keno doesn't work about how long will he have?

Thanks... Richard
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2014, 08:26 PM
    Never can tell. Depends on the results of the chemo. White cells are not "gone" they are severely reduced.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2014, 08:27 PM
    Didn't they ask their doctor? I'd be surprised if their doctor didn't tell them that already. THey would have a better idea than any of us would not knowing anything but this little bit of information.

Have you asked your friend... I'd be surprised if they didn't know already.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 10:04 PM
    Months or years, this is an issue of actual white blood cell count, not just all gone. It depends on other health issues, depends on a will to live, so much more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do if the wrong cause of death is on a death certificate? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died recently after being in hospice for two weeks. He had many problems -- diabetes, renal failure, heart problems. Since my father was a veteran, we need the death certificate to help my mom apply for benefits. When the death certificate arrived, it listed "colon cancer" as the cause...

What happens if cause of death is wrong on death certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband died of a rare condition which he was infected with whilst in hospital, this condition went undiagnosed,and the wrong information put on his death certificate. Can anything be done to change the information at all? Jessica

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

View more questions Search