Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mel45753 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2014, 09:17 AM
    Outcomes, probabilities, and variances of Roulette.
    Roulette is a game named after a French diminutive for little wheel. In the game, players may choose to place bets on either a single number or a range of numbers, the colors red or black, or whether the number is odd or even. The 18 red, 18 block, and 2 green pockets of the roulette wheel are numbered from 1 to 36, 0, and 00. The payout is 1 to 1 if you bet on red or block, 1 to 1 if you bet on even or odd numbers, 35 to 1 if you be on one number among 38 available numbers. (a) Suppose the outcome of interest is the colour of the pocket in which the ball falls. List all possible outcomes for three games. Are the elements in the sample space equally likely? (b) Find the probability distribution of the number of games that the ball falls into a red pocket for three games. (c) Let X be the number of games that the ball falls into a even-numbered pocket in the next 20 games. Verify that X is a binomial random variable. Note that 0 and 00 don’t count as an even number in this game. (d) Determine the mean and variance of X. (e) What is the probability that there will be no more than 17 games that the ball falls into a red pocket in the following 20 games.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2014, 05:58 PM
    Yes, you have a lot of homework to do, we don't do it for you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 06:18 PM
    Time to get off the computer and actually do your homework. No one online is going to do it for you, and the policy on this site about homework, is the very reason I stayed here, because I agree with it 100%. This is your work, you were given it to learn. We would be doing you a great disservice by doing the work for you. So get to it, it's your work, your job to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does ANYONE remember this online game? French? [ 0 Answers ]

I played this game practically every day in about 2004, perhaps earlier on. The main character was a short dark skinned man with an oddly shaped afro. He wore sunglasses, a red top, blue pants and sneakers. (from what I remember.) There were many odd creatures in this game, one you saw frequently...

Suppose a player observes 3 players of roulette. Note: A roulette wheel has 18 red nu [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose a player observes 3 players of roulette. Note: A roulette wheel has 18 red numbers, 18 black numbers, and 2 green numbers. The results of different plays on a roulette wheel are independent of one another. a) what is the chance the ball will land in a red slot all 3 plays? b) what is the...

Computer Game... Packard Bell.. Real People Sea Game... [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the name of this PC game. It was preinstalled on my Packard Bell computer. The game has real people in it. I think it was just a demo Packard Bell installed just for you to try it and hopefully buy it. They are in the sea in a submarine. You are the captain in the game and have to make...

I'm looking for a ps3 game named Spyro: Dawn of the dragon. [ 1 Answers ]

I couldn't find a good one on eBay. And it's not manufactured any more so I can't order one.

Need help with Wheel of Time game with Windows 7. [ 0 Answers ]

Hey, I have the Wheel of Time game on two computers: Windows XP and Windows 7. I installed it on both, had problems with the cinematics/cutscenes, so I uninstalled QuickTime, installed QuickTime off the Wheel of Time disc, checked it out, updated QuickTime, and checked again. Both checks with it...

View more questions Search