Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommyninja4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2014, 05:29 AM
    Nursing requirements fl felony
    I am in the process of having a third degree felony expunged in the state of FL.

Violation 817.61 fraudulent use of a credit card >$100.

Should the expungement be successful,
    I would like to know if it is possible to obtain a nursing license.
    Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 07:19 AM
    Expungment does not mean that your record is totally wiped clean, it just means that the average background check may not pick it up.

Unfortunately, law enforcement background checks can still "see" expunged records. Since nursing requires one to go through the local police department for a background check, your expunged record will still be visible preventing you from getting a nursing license.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2014, 07:45 AM
    It is very doubtful it will allow you to get your license. The criminal record still shows on the background report, for government, national security checks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a felony conviction prevent me from getting a nursing license? [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to school for nursing, and unfortunately I have a current charge of grand larceny 3rd degree... a class D felony pending from a previous employer. I am fighting the charge with a court appointed attorney, but I don't have much confidence that my attorney will get the charge dropped or...

Nursing Career with a felony background [ 8 Answers ]

If a felon - charged in a non violent crime who also has a third degree sexual assult charge on his record, - is interested in a degree as a Registered Nurse, what information about those charges would prohibit him from receiving an RN degree and later being hired as an RN? Does the type of...

Can you get a nursing license with a felony in Florida? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife got charged with stealing $100 when she work for Wal-Mart 12 years ago. Is it possible for her to get her nursing license?

Can I go to nursing school with and felony on my record? The felony was in 2003 and [ 2 Answers ]

It was and possession of and controlled substance and class four felony

I just recently got convicted of a Felony, is my nursing career over? [ 2 Answers ]

I got convicted of a Felony just this last Friday. Prior to that I has an SIS, and no Felony. I went to nursing school and have been a caregiver for several years. Should I forget about a nursing career now that I am a convicted felon?

View more questions Search