Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balagullipalli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2014, 09:04 AM
    Banks who allow h1b holders to have a HSA account?
    I am on H1b visa and my employer links the HSA accounts of employers with MNT bank and the MNT bank employee mentioned that Non-US citizen or Non-Permanent resident Aliens are not eligible for a health saving account. ( HSA).
    Do you know if there are other banks who allow h1b holders to have a HSA account.
    Are there any other options other than HSA to have tax free money to spend on Health issues.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

1040ez or 1040nr? HSA account [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Atlanta tax expert: I am a US resident alien in H1B status as of October 2012. I worked in OPT from June 2011 to October 2012 and I filed 1040NR-EZ for the year 2010 and 2011 (last 2 years). I am single, never married and no dependants and make below $100,000. Since I am in the H1B status...

Can I reimburse myself from my HSA for qualifying expenses paid from another account? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm contributing the max to my HSA for 2010 ($6150/year for family plan) via twice-a-month payroll contributions. However, my HSA balance can't keep up with incoming medical bills, and I'm having to pay some of them from other non-HSA accounts. I understand I can reimburse myself from my HSA once...

W4 for H1B Visa holders [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 employees working under H1-B status - how should the W4 be filled out? They both put 3 dependents, even though they are both single with no dependents - they said they read the directions and answered that "head of household" applies to them and used it to claim 3. I don't think this...

Health Savings Account (HSA) - Form 1099-SA [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have an HSA and received a 1099-SA with $250 in Box1 of the form. Last year most of my medical charges (~$2000) occurred in Nov and Dec. I received and paid the bills from my HSA in Jan'09 and yet to receive 1 or 2 more. So, these charges did not appear in Box1 for 2008 1099-SA. My...

H1B and H4 visa holders [ 5 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, I am an H1B visa holder and my wife has H4. She is not allowed to work in Usa, her visa is a depenent one. I tried to do my tax return online and they won't let me to file her as my dependent. It says that your spouse cannot be your dependent. What is your advice?Can I get...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.