Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hugg Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Ring Bell
    I have a main ring bell installed in the first floor of my house. It has a diode at the push button. Now, I have installed another ring bell in the basement but it doesn't work. I want both ring bells to work when I push the ring button. I hope somebody can help me.
    Thanks
    Hugg
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Any additional button needs two wires, these two wires will connect at the point the other button is connected. This should be at the chime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bell Trap [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone explain what a bell trap is? I have in my older home what I think are metal bell traps. Grate has a bell shaped cup that goes over drain. Is the theory that a small amount of water lays in the drain sealing the bell to drain and sewer smell out, but still allows water to drain off the...

Door bell wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I recently replaced my front door bell because it kept going off without being pushed. When I removed the old one I noticed some type of diode or resistor thingy behind the button linking the two leads together. The new button did not come with this thingy. Now when I press the new button it...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Bell Trap [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, First time question asker! I have a rental property and the renters have been complaining about sewer smell in the basement when the shower is running. I had a plumber replace the cast iron drain pipe from the second floor bathroom to the basement floor (the entire stack). Across...

Door bell wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what the circuit of a door bell (front lighted button) no back door bell, how it is wired with four wires. Two solid blue and two blue/white. Four each on the transformer ane four on the bell transdusher. Two on the button, front door. How does this work?

View more questions Search