Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ToniA1990 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2014, 08:25 PM
    Should I become a LVN first
    At first I wanted to become a RN, but the college I'm currently enrolled at has a competitive nursing program. Both the LVN and RN program have a lottery system, but the LVN program is easier to get into. The perquisites for both programs are almost the same, but the RN perquisites requires an extra science course. Most of my siblings have already graduated from college, one of my siblings has a master degree, and my other sibling has a bachelors degree. I had working class parents, but they both retired a few years ago. Neither of my parents saved up money for retirement... so we had to move into a dangerous neighborhood. The first few years we moved to that neighborhood we would hear guns shots at least once, but lately the law enforcement has been working on turning the neighborhood around. There have been some redevelopment plans, but they won't take effect for a few more years. I know RNs tend to make more money than LVNs, but I'm trying to get a moderate well paying job so I can support myself, and not have to rely on my parents. My parents are in their mid-fifties, and they can't hold my hand for the rest of my life. I would eventually like to become a BSN. Next year I will file an application for both programs, but if I get accepted into the LVN I want to go back to college to become a RN.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Lvn Delegate to a uap [ 1 Answers ]

For Nurseing, can a lvn delegate to a uap

Is it easier to be an lvn then rn? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to be an rn but I don't know if I should do my 2yrs as an lvn then go to rn or if I should just go straight to rn?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.