Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mashiat Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Feb 23, 2014, 11:42 PM
    I need an exercise plan
    I need an exercise plan that'll help me burn as much calories as possible... I am 125.663 pound,that is 57 kilos... I workout for half an hour every day! Please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 06:05 AM
    So how tall are you, what is your body type? What are you wanting to do with work out.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 24, 2014, 08:29 AM
    As well understand that as your weight train to burn these calories you will grow muscle mass. It is what happens when you work out muscle. As well muscle, especially exercise toned muscle, is dense when compared to fat. So if you goal is a certain weight, don't be surprised if you lose fat but gain weight.

Fr Chuck is correct in asking, what are your goals?

Feb 25, 2014, 03:44 AM
    Medium framed... overweight hardly have any muscle mass now... u'll know if u c me... height 5feet 2 inches here's my photo https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater :p :P
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 25, 2014, 08:40 AM
    I wouldn't call that over weight at all, but opinions differ.

What are your goals? Weight loss? Muscle toning? General slimming? What is your diet like? Have you done a caloric analysis? Are you over? Under?

Weight loss is two pronged. Good diet and good exercise. If you are missing one or the other you won't achieve healthy weight loss and could trigger starvation mode and cause you to pack on more pounds regardless of what you burn off.

Right not figure out the measurements and your diet. Get to a gym and talk to a personal trainer. If you don't want to do that. Start some basic cardio. Walk a lot. Vary your route as well, stairs, hills, and different inclines are your friend. Once you're good there start a jogging routine. Pick a distance, and start 20% jogging, 80% walking. Jog two minutes, walk eight. And slowly change that ratio. To tone muscle you will need to do muscle building and you won't get that outside of a gym.

Also note the limits of your frame as well, if you have naturally big hips or rib cage or what not, you won't be able to shrink those. You could have 10% body fat and big hips. Just do a good amount of reading and understand what you're doing. Good luck.

Mar 2, 2014, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    I wouldn't call that over weight at all, but opinions differ.

What are your goals? Weight loss? Muscle toning? General slimming? What is your diet like? Have you done a caloric analysis? Are you over? Under?

Weight loss is two pronged. Good diet and good exercise. If you are missing one or the other you won't achieve healthy weight loss and could trigger starvation mode and cause you to pack on more pounds regardless of what you burn off.

Right not figure out the measurements and your diet. Get to a gym and talk to a personal trainer. If you don't want to do that. Start some basic cardio. Walk a lot. Vary your route as well, stairs, hills, and different inclines are your friend. Once you're good there start a jogging routine. Pick a distance, and start 20% jogging, 80% walking. Jog two minutes, walk eight. And slowly change that ratio. To tone muscle you will need to do muscle building and you won't get that outside of a gym.

Also note the limits of your frame as well, if you have naturally big hips or rib cage or what not, you won't be able to shrink those. You could have 10% body fat and big hips. Just do a good amount of reading and understand what you're doing. Good luck.

Thank u CravenMorhead ,
    I want to lose weight and also have a toned body! I apparently have a medium framed body...
    I have a prescribed diet... and workout every morning.. I'm 10 kilos over what my actual weight should be according to my height!. I need a proper workout plan
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 3, 2014, 11:39 AM
    How is this weight being calculated? If you're using the BMI then don't. That is for population statistics not individual weight assessment. The BMI doesn't take into account your body fat, or your frame, or the amount of muscle, or what not. You know that extremely well built actor? He will be obese if you look at the BMI. Who is saying that you're too heavy and how are they calculating what you should be weighing?

You're not going to get better than you have now. If you want an actual exercise plan you need to visit a local gym and hire a personal trainer to help you.

Mar 9, 2014, 12:06 AM
    -______-
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 10, 2014, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mashiat View Post
    -______-
    Really? You're giving that?

There is a simple reason why I am not going to give you anything more than just ramping up your current physical activity. I don't know your physical capabilities. I have no way to evaluate what you can or cannot do. How much arm strength do you have? Leg strength? What is your core muscles like? Are you through growing? What is your result? What amount of time are you willing to commit to this? What amount of time are you will to commit to maintenance? Are you consuming enough to maintain your health while losing weight?

Even if I agreed that you needed to lose weight I wouldn't be able to give you an exercise plan because I don't know if what I give you will hurt you, stunt your growth, introduce muscular or skeletal problems, or even be effective. I can only give you broad strokes and get someone who can actually look at you and asses your fitness so that an exercise plan can be created and implemented. For example if I tell you to do a leg exercise and miscalculate the weight for it, it could cause you to strain a muscle or ligament. Worse it could cause it to tear. Then you've pretty much buggered that leg for life. I don't want that on my conscious.

So the advice stands as I gave it. Take it or leave it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a data plan (through verizon) but no texting (SMS/MMS) plan. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a data plan (through verizon) but no texting (SMS/MMS) plan. Since I don't have a texting (SMS/MMS) plan, will I get charged to my bill if I send snaps through snapchat?

Plan to move oversea, best plan of attack? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 33 and plan to move to Hong Kong next March, most likely permanently. I have about $40K in Roth and $170K in 401K, live in MA, also own an apartment that I want to sell but that can wait, valued at about $200K. What's the best plan to withdraw these fund with the least amount of penalty?...

Exercise plan for 26 stone person [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 26 stone and won't to lose it can you give a diet plan ***

View more questions Search