Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deantonio1979 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 12:30 PM
    Money taken in a judgment
    Hello my sister opened a credit card from Washington mutual and put me on as an authorized user which I never knew or used the card. On 9/6/2007 they went to our local magistrate and there was a default judgment against my sister first the defendant and then me on another page same cv # but it says judgment against another and my name is there . I never received of this, and I sold my home in 2010 and put extra money in that account well come to find out on 4/15/2010 they took the full amount out of my account $1856.34. Do I have any way to get my money back. If I received a notice I would have went. Please help!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Yes, you can sue your sister in small claims court for the amount. At this late date that would be your only choice. I doubt if you can prove that you weren't properly served in 2007. You might have been able to fight it in 2010 on the grounds that you were not a borrower only an authorized user. But almost 4 years later?

But if you never used the card, then you can sue your sister for what they took from you.
    deantonio1979 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 12:54 PM
    Thank you
    It is an account that we never ever use I just happen to be moving banks and that is how I found out. It is more of a saving account that was never suppose to be touched till my 3 year old daughter turned 18. If I sue my sister and she has nothing but I do know she is getting 2500.00 from the IRS I would love to seize that to teach her a lesson.

Please let me know thank you in advance for your help.
    I have never sued anyone just go to the local magistrate and tell them what happened it just happens to be the same magistragte
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2014, 02:06 PM
    You need to use Small Claims court. What you have to present depends on the local court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I filed a judgment on the defendant, and he dies. How do I get my money? [ 3 Answers ]

I filed a civil suit against my former attorney. By default, I won because he didn't show up. He never appealed in the 30 days he had to. My next question to the courts was, "How do I get my 3,106 dollars? " Fearing that it didn't matter that I won, he still wouldn't pay me. They said to go to the...

Writ of execution money judgment [ 2 Answers ]

My bank told me when they received the writ of execution money judgement & they said it only applies to what was in my account at the time they received it. Is that true? If a deposit is made to my account after they received the writ of execution is it safe, is it available to me?

Money Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

Father in Mich. With sole physical custody (joint legal). Daughter is having ortho work done. I was ordered to pay 1/2 half of fee to orthodontist. However, mother signed for full responsibility so when I go to pay they will not credit me with a payment. At this time I am having some financial...

Money judgment/child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have been awarded a $58k money judgment as of 5/2006 for child support arrears in upstate NY. Currently, the NC is paying $78 a week which is being garnished out of his wages at that rate it will take him several years. He owns real estate property. I have a two part question here....

Have judgment... Now how do I get the money? [ 11 Answers ]

I won 2 judgments in small claims court against the same person; each for around $11,000. Now how do I get the money? I put a lien on the deadbeat's property but that is all I know to do. I don't have his social security number, nor do I know where he works. Obviously, he's switched his phone,...

View more questions Search