Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    berbersteve Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2014, 09:38 AM
    Looking for my foster parents.
    I was placed into foster care in the late seventies early eighties. I was placed with a very loving couple in Nacadoches Texas. These people showed me there was another side of the out people that was more caring and loving than anything I had ever known. They saved my life and I want them to know how much they influenced my life. I can't find them. Their names are John and Carolyn Beckham. Carolyn is from Nacodoches . I do not know her maiden name but know her parents owned a ranch there. Can anyone help me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 23, 2014, 10:00 AM
    Have you checked with the agency that placed you?

Feb 24, 2014, 06:58 PM
    These people showed me that there was good on this earth greater than anything I had known. I was severely abused in many ways before becoming a ward of the state. They where foster parents out of love and that feeling was unmistakable when you walked in their home. I will never forget the day Carolyn went to start me for something I had done. I fell to the ground crying and covering myself simply out of instinct. She sat on the floor with me and held me tight rocking me and balling with me. I had never been shown love like that before and simply by being herself she saved me. John was just as good. Neither of them so much as hollered at me after that day. I need to let them know how much they mean to me and how grateful I am to their kindness. I am the only one of four who was able to escape the horrors of my youth and I give them the credit for that and need to let them know I made it because of their beautiful hearts.

Feb 24, 2014, 07:10 PM
    That's a very nice story, but I wonder how you lost touch with such people. If they were as influential in your life as you say, then why didn't you keep in touch once you reached adulthood? I know people who intensely dislike their parents but still kept track of them. Color me cynical but something doesn't ring true here.

But, in any case, the answers still stands. You need to contact the agency that placed you.

Feb 24, 2014, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    That's a very nice story, but I wonder how you lost touch with such people. If they were as influential in your life as you say, then why didn't you keep in touch once you reached adulthood? I know people who intensely dislike their parents but still kept track of them. Color me cynical but something doesn't ring true here.

But, in any case, the answers still stands. You need to contact the agency that placed you.
    Carolyn became pregnant so the state placed me with new oster parents . I could tell you things you would never believe but that unfortunately makes them no less true.

Feb 24, 2014, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by berbersteve View Post
    Carolyn became pregnant so the state placed me with new oster parents . I could tell you things you would never believe but that unfortunately makes them no less true.
    I believe I was around eight when I left their home. I didn't realize how much of an impact they had on me till many years later. I forgive you for your ignorance.

Feb 24, 2014, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by berbersteve View Post
    I forgive you for your ignorance.
    Well you should forgive me for my ignorance since you were the cause of it. Had you mentioned that you were removed from their home at an early age, my response would have been different. But your posts indicate you were with them for a significant time.

But my answer still doesn't change. Contact the agency that placed you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking for foster parents [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to pursue my college but it would be harder for me because my Dad had passed away, n my Mum can't pay for college.

How to find my foster parents? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for my foster family who used to live in layndon basildon essex england, the mother's name was carol and she had a son named steven and a daughter named samantha and they moved I was 4 years old when I left them.

I want to find my foster parents [ 2 Answers ]

I was put into foster care as a baby. When I was three years old, I was reunited with my mother. Now I'd like to meet my foster parents. No one in my family seems to be willing or able to help. What's the first step?

To anyone who has an opinion on foster parents [ 16 Answers ]

Hello. Im sarah. I've just recently discovered that a Borough in redbridge London, has passed the law that foster parents are banned from smoking if they are to take care of a child. I want to write a short article about this for my class work (it's not going to be published or anything) I just...

View more questions Search