Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1businessgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2014, 06:26 PM
    My chidren invited me to join them on vacation but not my significan other.
    My daughter and son-in-law invited me to join them and my 2 grandchildren on vacation but not my significnt other, I am stressing because I haven't told him yet. They are staying at a time share and there is room for him. I suggested he could buy his own plane fare. Is this something that is done ? My boyfriend and I have been living together for 3 years and have visited my daughter and family before and my boyfriend really likes my family. Help!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 06:28 PM
    Have you asked your children why they didn't invite him?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 06:35 PM
    Yes, it would be good to know why they didn't invite him. It's also helpful to know whether you accepted this holiday arrangement.

I would be hurt, if I were him, and feel terribly left out, and snubbed- and according to you, there is no reason for that.

I can see getting your own room with your boyfriend, but joining the rest of the family for outings etc.

Is it possible they want you along to babysit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2014, 06:35 PM
    When you visited your family before, did you share a bedroom? How old are your grandchildren? You say your boyfriend likes your family, but do they like him?

I don't know what time share they are staying at, but few have 4 bedrooms. And not knowing the ages and sexes if your grandchildren, I don't know if they would be sharing a room. So if there are 4, it would mean you would be sharing a bedroom. If there are only 3, it would definitely require sharing a bedroom. I can see you daughter maybe not wanting to explain that to her children. And I think your boyfriend should understand that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2014, 06:52 PM
    I cannot imagine not asking them why your SO isn't invited, nor accepting their invitation under these circumstances. But this is something he needs to know AFTER you get the FACTS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I gave my aunt temporary custody of my chidren [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my aunt( by marrige) temp custody until I got on my feet and she does not want to return my custody to me so she is trying to do and say ugly things to try and et the judge to rule in her favor. I was told to have a full-time job, a home, and be finacially stable to be able to take care of...

Husband father of two chidren [ 9 Answers ]

My husband just recently found out the he father two children with an ex-employee of his. A dna has been done and has determined that he is the father of a 12 and 10 year old. She is seeking child support which he knows that he must pay, however, he has no emotional ties to these children and...

What was the significan of these 3 men? [ 27 Answers ]

Today's gospel lesson. Mark Chapter 9 2. And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James and John, and led them up a high mountain apart by themselves; and he was transfigured before them, 3. and his garments became glistening, intensely white, as no fuller on earth could bleach...

80's chidren's show with puppets [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of an 80's show that involved a teacher (Ms. Kelly maybe?) and puppets. I remember the words "Kelly" and "peach" or peachtree". I want to say "Ms. Kelly and the Peachtree School" or something along those lines. I watched videos of this show at a friend's house, so I...

View more questions Search