Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bumz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 11:00 PM
    Taxi services?
    Are there's taxis that will drive me 3 hours away.

I need to go to a hospital to see someone, but my car deffinitly won't make it.

Are there taxi services that will take me that far?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 16, 2014, 11:10 PM
    You will have to call around and find out. In all honestly, it's probably cheaper to rent a car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2014, 05:38 AM
    Sure but the fee will be very high. I agree, much cheaper just to rent a car for day.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 17, 2014, 06:46 AM
    Start calling everyone you know and offer to pay them. Someone out there needs the money. Be clear on waiting time for the trip home, and make sure you are allowed to visit and what visiting hours are.

Taxis have huge license and business and insurance costs. If you could afford one, you could have already fixed your car or traded it in on a newer one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 17, 2014, 06:54 AM
    First, location is important. There may be a bus service that will be cheaper, but a car rental is probably best.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 17, 2014, 06:55 AM
    Bumz, do you mind sharing the general locations involved (cities/towns?) There may be other options available that might be cheaper such as bus or commuter train if renting or friends are not viable options.

Also how long do you plan on visiting? Is this a one way trip with you staying there for a day or more? Or are you planning to return home almost immediately/same day?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A transportation company provides bussing, limo, and taxi services. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: Please help with the question below: A transportation company provides bussing, limo, and taxi services. The company charges: $350 per day for bussing services, $2.00 per kilometer for taxi services, and $3.50 per kilometer for limo services. Two individual clients, the school board...

Taxi drver [ 2 Answers ]

A passenger in a taxi leaned over to ask the driver a question and tapped him on the shoulder. The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb and stopped inches from a large plate glass window. For a few moments everything was silent in the cab, and then...

Taxi reruns [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I was up late at night the other night and turned the TV on, the only show I could find to watch was this one about taxi drivers, it was a hilarious episode where they had a party in an apartment that they could only keep for one month, and this lady, I think "elaine" was the only female...

View more questions Search