Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacelover2014 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 02:47 PM
    Mercury from thermometer poisoning.
    Hi, I broke yesterday my mercury thermometer in my bedroom. I found few silver balls on bed and floor. I took them by carton paper and put it in plastic bag. I opened the window for fresh air but I'm very scary and panic now because I found out on internet its very dangerous.

Please help me I can't take my breath now. What should I do? Sorry for my English, its not my native language. I'm worried I breath that mercury toxin because I was staying in the room for 1 hour looking for the silver balls and after finished cleaning I opened window for few hours. Any risk? Thanks for answer.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 16, 2014, 03:42 PM
    You'll be OK. You can close the windows, breathe, sleep on clean sheets.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2014, 06:29 PM
    Not for that little bit. Relax.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2014, 06:58 PM
    You can relax. That little bit of mercury won't cause any damage.
    peacelover2014 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 11:47 PM
    Thank you so much for answer me.. I was panic like idiot lol.. because I read on Google that thermometer mercury can cause to my system nervous a lot damages!! But I believe what you said here people.. actually, I only broken the small top head of thermometer, not all the mercury was out I guess...

P.S: thanks again for answer! I wish to all of you good time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4-Day Low Grade Fever is Now a High Grade Fever (103.5) [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has had a low grade fever (99-101) for 4 days and it jumped from a low grade fever to high fever (103.5) within an hour. He has been getting fluids (Powerade Zero) and taking Advil every 6-8 hours for the last 3 days. The Advil appears to lower his temperature slightly. He complains of...

How might a thermometer explode? [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know for my chemistry Lab Report.

No thermometer! [ 4 Answers ]

I think my son has a fever his back and head are hot. I don't have a thermometer and no car to go get one at the moment. He's not throwing up or anything just a little fussy. Is there a way to know if he has a fever high enough to go to the hospital? Or am I just out of luck because I have no...

What's the best thermometer? [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone found a fast and accurate under arm thermometer? My kids have febrile seizures so we are always taking temperatures. And at 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 they are not easy to keep still for the two minutes that the more accurate thermometers take. I have been on an endless search for the perfect...

View more questions Search