Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anon1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2014, 12:28 PM
    My crush
    I told me crush how I feel about him and he said he felt the same. I've liked him for over 3 months now and he's kind of all I think about. I'm moving out of the country in the summer and he says that's the reason he doesn't want to start dating because he doesn't want an awkward break up. Every break up is awkward! I understand where he's coming from though and he wants to just be friends. Should I be friends? It's really hard and I can't help being confused.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 16, 2014, 01:02 PM
    Yes it's hard and awkward, and he doesn't want to be anything but friends right now. If that's all he can handle then respect it, and if you can't be just friends right now, then that's okay too. The trick here is what can you both handle?

I think YOU step back, and give yourself some time to not be thinking about him every day, and that means being involved with a lot of other people, places and things besides him.

Its okay if friends don't interact or be in contact everyday, and every minute. Do your own thing without your friend, and your crush will be less intense and thought consuming. He says he feels the same as you, but obviously he does not and you need to recognize that.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 16, 2014, 05:41 PM
    If he just wants to be friends the only choice you have is to be his friend or leave him alone. Either way get busy doing other things so he is not all you're thinking about.
    Sounds like he is not as hung up on you as you are on him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The crush [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people what up I got a question I'm in 7th grade and I like an 8th grader so one of my 8th grade friends tells me that the boy I like, likes me back a lot but he will be going to hs in 2010 and he is not going to a private hs and my...

How can I get over this crush? [ 34 Answers ]

I am a married woman. I like my husband a lot, we get on really well. He is older than me a lot, I start liking the guys around my age. And I have this crush over this guy for over one year, I know it is just a crush, it does not mean anything, but it affects my life quite badly, how can I get...

How can I get over the crush? [ 1 Answers ]

Avoid all unnecessary contact with this person until your crush for him has gone away. If you absolutely need to talk to him, then keep the conversations as short as possible.

View more questions Search