Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stillwater Lake Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2014, 07:39 PM
    The laptop monitor stays black after start up
    Dear Sirs !
    My Toshiba laptop monitor stays black and does not lit up after I start up the laptop . I can wait many hours and after several start/shut down attempts suddenly the monitor begins to display , but if I shut it down again -the same problem persists .
    Do I have to replace a display driver ?
    Thank you
    Regards
    Denis
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2014, 04:47 AM
    Does this issue happen as soon as your press the power button or when you get into windows only?

1 - If it only happens in Windows then you might have a Driver Issue or conflicting software issue.

2 - If this issue starts in the BIOS already then there is a physical issue.
    You might expect the worst (Replacing the screen)
    Also try moving the screen forwards and backwards to see if it makes the issue worse.

Hope this helps
    Grant
    Stillwater Lake Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2014, 07:09 AM
    Hello Grant , thank you for the response .
    Yes, it happens right after I push the power bottom , the screen is black and does not lit up and even if I connect the laptop with an external display , the external display is also black .
    Can it be a failed motherboard ?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2014, 11:19 AM
    Does this happen when used with battery power only or when plugged in also?
    I experience this when battery is very low and I don't realize it, then I plug it in, it comes on and I see that the battery is very low.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have a laptop, Sony VAIO VGN-FW235J, that's got a black screen at start-up. [ 7 Answers ]

I turn on the laptop and all I get is black screen. It does not do anything else no matter what I do. Already tried ac power without battery, holding power button for 20 and 50 secconds, reseating the RAM and hard drive, pressing F keys but won't even go into bios or nothing just getting black...

Laptop as a monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use my laptop as a monitor for my PC tower. How do I hook it up?

Laptop Monitor Totally Black [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I put my Toshiba Satellite laptop on sleep. I came back a few minutes later and pressed enter, it stayed black. I waited to see if it would come back a few minutes later. It didn't, so I turned it off and restarted it. The power light was on and I could hear the computer running but...

Hp a1560n monitor stays dark [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a known problem with hp a1560n pcs where the monitor stays dark on boot up or after hibernation? The monitor works fine with a different PC.

View more questions Search