Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidadrian140 Posts: 124, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2014, 02:42 PM
    Going crazy
    I feel short of breath and light headed right after I eat. I also yawn a lot and feel some discomfort in my chest. I feel like I'm panicking. It seems to be getting worse. Can anyone help or give me some information as to why I feel this way?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2014, 02:52 PM
    Feeling like you are going crazy actually can be a sign of a medical condition. I don't think this is you, but I know someone who was 'going crazy' to the point of hallucinating, and doctors were ignoring the fact that she had visible signs of hyperthyroidism. An endocrinologist just happened to walk in the room and identify it immediately.
    What I'm saying is, please get a thorough medical, and try to be very precise about what happens when, so that you don't get sent to a therapist without lots of tests first for other things. What they are, I don't know. I don't recognize any condition from what you describe.
    How old are you, and what is your history? Do you take anything? Do you drink enough fluids? Lightheadedness can be something as simple as dehydration. Or high blood pressure (HBP). What is your BP?
    It could all turn out to be anxiety, of course. Tell us more.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2014, 03:16 PM
    Go to a doctor... get examined... nobody can diagnose or treat you online. It can be a lot of things... all of them need a doctor to examine you.

Feb 13, 2014, 03:17 PM
    I've been told it's a panic disorder but I'm not sure. I'm a 39 year old male. I have also been diagnosed with palpitation. Not sure what my blood
    Pressure is. I do feel like it is anxiety but some times its so bad that I think I'm going to have a heart attack. So when I feel like I'm going to have
    A heart attack I start to panic. I've been prescribed Xanax. But I don't take often because I don't want to become addicted to it. I really don't drink
    To many fluids either. I looked up pulmonary embolism and the symptoms for that are almost similar to the symptoms I'm feeling. Thus leading me
    To panic once again.
    I can't even go out to a big retail store anymore without feeling this way. Even when I drive. Two days ago I drove my two sons to an orientation
    In Indiana. I live in Illinois. I barely made it to the orientation. I was feeling short of breath, light headed, panicking, and unsafe.
    It's interfering with my life.
    I think the doctors diagnosed me wrong. Any ideas on which type of doctor I should see?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2014, 03:33 PM
    Both, a psycologist... (for the panic disorder and the obsessive behaviour) and a regular doctor... (for a complete physical to make sure nothing else physically wrong, and because everyone should do it once a year).

Anti-anxiety medications work... but only if you actually take them. And ones like xanax take time to build up in your system to work....meaning you can't take them and expect immediate relief.

Feb 13, 2014, 04:01 PM
    Well I did some research. Going to see my doctor tomorrow. Also going to get a thyroid function test. Just to rule out thyroid. After that my blood pressure and some blood work. And if everything checks out then I guess I really am going crazy. Psychologist will be my last option.
    Thank You Joypulv and Smoothy for your help. This was very helpful information. This is why I love Askmehelpdesk. I will update with my results.
    Have a Happy Valentines Day.

Feb 23, 2014, 05:26 PM
    Hello people. Me again. Just wanted to give an update on my craziness. Well turns out I'm just stressed out which is leading to anxiety attacks. Went to the doctor and did all kinds of blood work. I had a thyroid function test. Ekg. 5 of them. Some more blood work. Stress test. Ex rays. Was in the hospital being monitored for 2 days. Everything came back negative. Turns out its just anxiety. Really glad everything was okay.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 23, 2014, 06:04 PM
    Thanks for writing back. Others will see it over time, and it could be helpful. You could even help out here on the subject of panic attacks and anxiety.

I hope you get talk therapy to get to the causes, and don't rely exclusively on medication. Many can't afford both, but most drugs aren't meant to be taken without therapy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 23, 2014, 06:57 PM
    You may want to talk to your doctor about wearing a Holter Monitor Holter monitor (24h): MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia for your heart. Your symptoms are similar (while this is rare, but worth checking out) with a PDA, or Patent Ductus Arteriosis. This is when a small hole in the heart does not close at birth as it is supposed to. While benign in childhood, this can become dangerous in adulthood. Frequently, there is no murmur associated with this, so it is easily missed unless a Holter Monitor is worn.

Again, while your symptoms are similar to this, it is rare, but worth being checked out.
    rcbusiness Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2014, 05:45 PM
    First see the Dr. but signs of dissiness SOB, etc after eating first makes me think of LOW BP and or Diabetic complications. When you eat, your body dumps its resources into the digestive tract, and at times if you have other issues going on, it can cause a drop in Blood Pressure. Both can be related directly or indirectly to blood sugar.
    From a discussion site, that's as close as I would come to a diagnosis... SEE A DR. and rule out anything more serious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crazy crazy crazy the crowd is going crazy [ 0 Answers ]

What the name of the song containg the words" can't get you out of my head, my destiny, forever, and" lie lie lie lie lie" repeated several times at the ned of the somg" help me pla

Am I crazy? [ 4 Answers ]

:eek: I tought my kid's how to fix major household appliances when they were young. I'm a female, now they are repair people is that cazy? Can I be sued for not sending them to college?

Am I crazy [ 16 Answers ]

I like this guy I have been chatting with but I do not even know what he look like and the is no chance of me seeing him, do you think I am crazy?:(

Help me before I go crazy [ 2 Answers ]

OK so me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months now and he really is an amazing guy when he wants to be... but then other times he is a complete . So tonight he had a show to go to with his friends his bands show and I guess they had a bad time I'm not really sure cause he won't tell me...

Going Crazy ! [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I believe I am pregnant , but not to sure . I smoke pot for my seizure disorder instead of taking regular medications . Tell you the truth , it stopped my seizures about 60 %. Would smoking pot while I'm pregnant affect my pregnancy at all ? I have been going crazy the past few days...

View more questions Search