Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairy79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2014, 09:31 AM
    Step father financial responsibility? --biological father deceased
    Does my husband have grounds to include my children from a previous relationship on an application to csa? He has a child from a previous marriage, has no contact but pays csa. The child lives overseas.
    We married and I had 2 children already. Their father is deceased. I receive no financial support from his family or in the form if bereaved parent allowance or similar as I was not married to their father.
    My husband has taken on my children although not legally adopted them. They have his surname. My husband is the main earner for the family, thus providing for the children. Will these children be considered?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 13, 2014, 09:59 AM
    It would help if you would define what "CSA" is. Do you mean Child Support Agency, and he wants to use the financial support he provides for your children as an obligation to help reduce the amount of child support he pays for his own child? What state are you in?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 13, 2014, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fairy79 View Post
    Does my husband have grounds to include my children from a previous relationship on an application to csa?
    If it is UK case-then YES.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 03:01 AM
    Not enough information given. In the US, it will depend on the state that the order is paid though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add my deceased fathers biological deceased father to his birth certificate. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I add my deceased fathers biological deceased father to his birth certificate his mom put her boyfriends name on it and I need to prove my native American heritage and my dads biological father was native American.

Rights of step-father vs biological father upon mothers death. [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any way in which I can assure that my 7 year old son will remain with my husband if something were to happen to me? Biological father is in military and has paid child support as ordered, he has not made any effort in the last 3 years to contact our son and before...

Is my deceased father's debts against his estate,the responsibility of legal wife? [ 4 Answers ]

My father passed away July 9,2008. He and my mother were legally married but, not living with each other. Because they never divorced or legally separated, she was entitled to his $401k plan and SS. Recently my mother has received a bill from an attorney stating that she is responsible for...

Criminal minded step-son.father wants no responsibility [ 2 Answers ]

I am a step-mom of 3 children. 11,13,&15. The 13 lives with us full-time, the 11 w/ mother and has her visitations with us... HOWEVER the 15 year old boy is a trouble maker... been caught selling pot at school and since has come up positive again and again. He lies, steals etc... in the state of...

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

View more questions Search