Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mummyof1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2014, 06:28 AM
    Losing the mucus plug
    I went to the toilet and felt a lot of pressure felt something drop then there was no pressure could this be my mucus plug? It felt like my waters had gone but no fluid. Toilet had toilet paper down so couldn't see.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 13, 2014, 08:56 AM
    It could have been. How far along in your pregnancy are you? Usually the mucus plug has blood/tissue streaked through it so it would be a greyish mass with a red to red brown through it.

Losing the mucus plug could occur weeks before delivery, it could not happen at all. Have you talked to your doctor about the implications of this?
    mummyof1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2014, 09:10 AM
    I'm 29 weeks with my 2nd, baby I went into labour at 29 weeks with my first.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 13, 2014, 09:12 AM
    If you think you lost your plug at 29 weeks, it would be best to contact your OB.
    afrahsohail Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Feb 14, 2014, 03:51 AM
    Urgently get a vaginal PH test and ultrasound to check the amount of amniotic fluid and for confirming if you have starteD leaking. If yes then do get dexamethason IM injection 2 with 12 hour gap for lung maturity of your baby.
    Best of luck
    Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 03:54 AM
    Don't you mean dexamethasone 2 in 24 hours?
    afrahsohail Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Feb 14, 2014, 12:38 PM
    Its 2 to 4 doses of 6mg dexamethasone with 12 hour interval
    Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 04:18 PM
    In America we do it differently. 2 doses of 12mg of dexamethasone in a 24 hour period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing mucus plug but not pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I have mild lower abdomen cramps and when I went to the bathroom, after I peed I had something come out that looked like a mucus plus (it had a reddish/pinkish tint to it) but I'm not pregnant. I have very, very irregular periods (haven't had my period in 9 months). So could I finally be starting...

Mucus Plug [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 37 weeks pregnant and I'm wondering how can I tell if I have lost my mucus plug or not. I have read that it is usually either clear or yellowish/tan in colour and clumpy. However, as my discharge has been heavy for some time, I have no idea if I have lost the mucus plug or not? ...

Mucus plug? [ 4 Answers ]

OK I'm a bit embarrassed about this question :o currently 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant. This morning I used a small vibrator, I did not insert it. Then about 15 minutes ago I suddenly felt wet after using the toilet and discovered very clear mucus, no blood, but there was enough of it. Now I'm...

Could this be my mucus plug? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 36 weeks pregnant. I have been getting a lot more discharge than normal the past 3 days or so. It has been white, see through and mostly tinted green in colour. When I have been getting light green discharge its been very slimy. But today I had a couple of small light green jelly-like bits in...

Mucus plug [ 15 Answers ]

I'm slightly concerned that I might be losing bits and pieces of my mucus plug. I had an incedent a couple of weeks ago when I passed something about the size of a dime though I didn't get a really good look at it. About a week ago I wiped and found a bit of what looked like cornstarch when you mix...

View more questions Search