Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joematt53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2014, 04:27 PM
    Restless leg syndrome
    I have rls, recently I have figured out that this is my reason of my insomnia. Sun I took 300mg of gabapentin and it worked fine a full nights sleep at last. Mon I had to thank 500 mg to sleep, al little dizzy the next day, but OK I slept. Tue I needed 600 mg and 50 mg of trazadone. Sleep was so so. Last night 600 mg of gabapentin and 50 mg of trazadone an sleep was not so good, not as bad as prior to sun, but not good quality at all.
    What now?.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 12, 2014, 11:29 PM
    Now you talk to your doctor about this. We can't diagnose nor can we offer medical advice, especially about medication and what doses to take, online. Even if there were a doctor on this site, which there isn't, he/she wouldn't risk their medical license by prescribing drugs online.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 13, 2014, 03:57 AM
    FIRST steps are diet and massage and exercise.
    Stay away from alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine. Ask your doctor about vitamins and minerals, and discuss the health of your diet (or tell us what you mostly eat). Make sure you drink enough liquids.
    Do you have any underlying medical conditions?
    Ask for physical therapy, and try stretching, whirlpool baths or plain baths, hot/cold packs, massaging your legs before bed, or vibrating devices on your feet and toes. Sign up for tai chi or yoga or swimming.

I took trazadone years ago, and it was great for a short time, then nothing. Years later I tried it again, and nothing at all. I have no idea what typical responses are. In my case it was for helping me sleep because I have chronic pain.
    chloe085 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2014, 10:46 AM
    I suffer from this. It is hell. I can also tell you something that sorts it out when you get it so it's not prevention it's just when you get it. I stumbled across this in my late night desperate attempts to getting it to stop. Simple answer and I really hope this works for you. Any sort of Vapour rub on where ever it is that you have it, mines usually my feet, I rub it in really well and the warmth it provides is soothing and seems to sort it within a couple of minutes. I really hope this works for you, please let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have hip pain and discomfort. now I have restless leg syrdrome with it. [ 1 Answers ]

I have hip pain and discomfort. Now I have restless leg syrdrome with it. Haven't seen the doctor yet, I have had shingles before could this be the cause? Its very irritating and uncomfortable, sometimes its painful and makes me limp, feels very weak and don't like to put my legs straight... please...

Restless Leg Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

Hello. My daddy doesn't have the time so Im asking for him. HE says he gets restless leg syndrome every once and awhile and would like to know what causes restless leg syndrome? Thank you.

Restless [ 1 Answers ]

I can't stay in the same place for too long... I can't sleep in the same place every night... I just don't feel right if I'm in the same place too long... can anyone relate... is something wrong with me?

Restless leg [ 2 Answers ]

What medicine is generally prescribed for restless leg syndrome

Restless Sleep! [ 2 Answers ]

So OK, I'm 30 weeks pregnant going on 31 this wed, and just suddenly my ARMS started falling asleep at night, no matter which way I sleep... It's excrusiatingly painful and I have no Idea what to do about it. Do any of you Pregnant Wonders have any advice for me? Oh and my hands are swelling too,...

View more questions Search