Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glennisjarvis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
    P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)
    How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:27 AM
    It may be just loose/deteriorated hoses on the canister.
    FixHondas Posts: 70, Reputation: 4

Apr 6, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glennisjarvis
    How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord?
    The most likely culprit is a stuck vent shut valve located on the side of the charcoal canister (under the vehicle near the rear subframe). The most difficult part about replacement is removing the two screws that hold it in place. They tend to corrode. The threads in the canister are just metal inserts in plastic. There could also be problems with the bypass solenoid or two-way valve. You can check for fuel inside the two way valve. If there is fuel, it needs to be replaced also. As far as cost, it depends on what they want to charge you. Probably 1-2hrs plus diagnosis. You could also have other problems, these are the most likely.
    aseldama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 09:46 PM

What is EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) and how much is the cost to fix it
    gerryscar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2010, 04:30 PM
    I paid 309.09 for a replacement for Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System Vent Shut Valve at a local garage
    swaluk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 08:34 PM
    What I should I do first to fix the problem I checked all the lines they are good replace the canistor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Traction Control System and Brake Light Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX V6. Recently, the Traction Control System (TCS) light on the dash has been coming on, but upon turning off and restarting the car, it disappears. This has been happening on and off. I went to my Honda dealer's service department and they did a diagnostic test on the...

Out of control [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a strong appetite suppressant to control my hunger. Really need some help;currently on a diet, high protein and low carb, but finding it difficult to control my hunger-needless to say sneaking extra calories here and there... Lost someone I real loved a year ago and have gotten out...

Out of control 24 yr old. [ 4 Answers ]

I am a parent of a 24 yr old daughter who has been out of control since she was in 8th grade. We have tried everything possible to get her on the right track and nothing we do or say helps her. Within the last 4 years she has cost us about $10,000 or more. First of all she started dating a guy...

Emission control [ 1 Answers ]

What is emission control and what instruments control it in a 1991 honda accord ex. Specifically what is :crank case emission control, exhaust emission control and evaporative emission control.also what is ignition timing control system?

How do I increase H2O pressure on well system with a water filtration system? [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, I would like to know how I can increase my water pressure. My current system uses a well pump with a small pressure tank, and "D" control valve. It then runs through a WATERSOFT filtration tank, RAINSOFT water softner, and on the Hot water side, an AQUASTAR on demand hot water system. I...

View more questions Search