Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    percious00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:00 AM
    No insurance
    If I got in a car accident with no insurance can the other person insurance company make me pay them back for the person damages
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 2, 2007, 10:08 AM
    YES! Why would you think otherwise?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Yes, including garnishing your wages if you don't work with them.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 3, 2007, 07:20 PM
    YOu might not have to pay them back if it was not your fault, you didn't say ? Why would you have to pay if you are not at fault. If you are at fault, then I would think they can legally pursue you for what they spent plus attorney's and other fees involved in the colleting from you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Thanks Richard like the others I just assumed the accident was your fault.

If the accident was not your fault, having no insurance has nothing to do with it, You get your car fixed by their insurance.

IF it was your fault, then yes you are should get your check book out and pay them for the damage, if you don't their insurance will pay minus the deductable, and then they will sue you. You willl pay the damges plus court cost plus legal fees. They can do various things, attach your bank accounts and even garnish your pay check in many states.

Plus of course you will have the legal issues with the courts of no insurance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 4, 2007, 05:20 AM
    I also assumed you were asking because you were at fault. Can you provide us with more details about this accident so we can advise you better?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
    I assumed you were at fault as well. You may not have any problems with their insurance company, but if you are in a state like Virginia that allows you to drive without insurance but fail to note that when you register and don't pay the $800 fee to drive without insurance the state will come down pretty hard on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm Angela and I've recently started the process of getting my home-based business going. What I need to know is this... do I need insurance in my new business to protect me from lawsuits? I do "mobile-face-painting" parties for children.

How does an Insurance Co. Look at this... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two family with one four bedroom apartment rented as a group home. In that there are three single men who each pay a monthly fee individually. One tenant, who recently moved in, was very badly injured in a fall over a year ago . As a result he has had two spinal fusion operations . He...

Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know which insurance companies cover bed and breakfast establishments in Montana. We currently have insurance but need a more competitive quote.

View more questions Search