Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joonhyokim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2014, 04:11 PM
    Responsibility of return information
    Some of items in my store such as dresses, jump suits are final sale. What is the responsibility of seller to provide information about the return policy? We display the return policy sign and let them know verbally, which I don't think you have to. Can I find any statement about what North Carolina State law says about this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2014, 04:33 PM
    I can't find anything specific in NC statutes. This may be because such laws are left up to the local governing body on a county or municipality level. Generally a retailer is required to prominently display their return policy. Some area require that printed receipts include the return policy.

I would suggest contacting your local Chamber of Commerce who may be able to point you to specific statutes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2014, 09:35 AM
    Yes, the verbal statements is always an issue, since there is no proof.

Most stores, by practice or policy, as Scott said, display a sign that is OBVIOUS, and also have it printed on the sales receipt.

The receipt is best proof in court, since their proof of purchase and price will show details of returns

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 Visa tax return information details [ 10 Answers ]

I visited US under J1 visa as a student Intern. Federal tax, State tax(Illinois), Medicare and social security taxes have been deducted. I am an Indian national. What are the guidelines I need to follow. Which forms I need to fill I have check up onn the IRS website and here it says under form...

efile sent and wrong information on return. How does 1040x fix these [ 1 Answers ]

I was told by IRS to do a 1040x form, but I do not understand the form and my problem is that I put my 1099R on the wages line and not on the proper line for my husband's pension or my retirement 401K disbursement to me. Also, I put the wrong federal id # on one of my W2. How do I fix this. My...

Website sales customer wants to return items but did not follow posted return policy [ 11 Answers ]

Website customer wants to return item however, did not follow the posted return policy, does not have the required return authorization and 30 days have passed. Do I need to return their money? Can they file a claim? I am in PA and they are in CT--which state? Thanks.

Information annual return of company [ 2 Answers ]

I want 2 know about annual return of the company and why we prepared it

Obtain tax return information regarding depentants claimed. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, How would I go about obtaining information about how another person files their tax forms with regard to claiming dependents? I know that sounds vague, but it is relative to a divorce in 2004, and my belief that the ex wife has been claiming a son who does not meet the tests for...

View more questions Search