Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhamel7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2014, 10:42 AM
    How do you make a TV dvd from a movie camera disc
    I have made a movie of an event with my camcorder and want to make it into a dvd for TV use. Can that be done?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2014, 11:10 AM
    You should be able to connect the camcorder to a TV with rca cables, to watch the movie.
    But, I assume you want to make a dvd that others can watch and/or to store the movie on.
    This method may work: How to Record From DVR to DVD: 13 Steps - wikiHow
    Depends on what type of equipment you have available.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 12:38 PM
    Have you considered downloading to a computer and then transferring to a flash drive?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 22, 2014, 07:34 AM
    If you can still find your camcorders manual it should have some info on how to extract your video to the PC. It is possible that you can read the camcorder disk with a PC optical drive if you have an application that can read it. There are programs that will allow you to view the tracks and edit convert to DVD. You will need to know what format your camcorder records with (manual or manufacturers site) to choose which program fits your needs. The easiest way is to transfer or copy the file(s) you want to play with to the hard drive instead of trying to use them directly from the camcorder itself. Not all camcorders come with all accessories, you need to know what cord to connect to the PC (USB? Firewire? etc.) if you can't read the disk in your PC drive. A good start might be to search the net with your camcorder model number with something like "reading the camcorder disk in a PC optical drive" and see what comes up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disc Error on video camera [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sony Handycam Video camera. When I attempted tp play a disc from the camera on my PC I had a "Disc Error " message on my camera screen. This means that I cannot finalise the disc in preparation for downloading to my PC or for showing the disc contents on my DVD/TV. This problem has not...

Camera to PC. No software disc. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a Olympus c 350 digicam. I bought the cam secondhand and do not have the disc to download the camera onto my PC. I am on XP and the PC does not recognise this model of camera. Does anyone know how I can get around this? Thanks ...

DVD not able to regonize disc [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Please can any one help me. Mine is DVD combo drive When I put any disc (DVD or any CD). My drive light flash for 11 times and nothing happens. When I try to open the movie in Power DVD, it says no Disk... But an hour back I saw the same movie. Please help

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search