Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pocock5 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 02:52 PM
    Attention girls! Would you be disappointed?
    Basically I had this 'date' last Saturday we went for a few drinks and had good fun. If you were a girl and this happened would you expect the guy to take you to dinner or similar on valentines day coming up? Would you be disappointed if a guy did not ask you again? Thanks
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 03:00 PM
    I'm a girl and learned not to expect anything, even after I thought it was a fun date. He may have had a whole different opinion of that date. I believe in going with the flow and being ready to do my own thing.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2014, 03:03 PM
    Sure, it's disappointing. You could email him that you had a good time... you could even offer to cook him something, but Valentine's Day? No way.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 04:53 PM
    Why wouldn't you ask her out again? You have been pining for months to get some romance going!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 04:58 PM
    pocock, you are over thinking things again. Do you want to ask her out again or don't you? If you do, then ask.

Plans do not have to be earth shattering. They can be extremely simple and still get the point across that you like spending time with her.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 05:02 PM
    According to your other posts, you're the guy. So the question is, did you have fun with this girl, do you want to see her again, do you want to date her again? If not, there's no need to call.

Now about Valentine's day, a completely commercial "holiday" that's become too important, especially to young people that think it means more than it does. To those of us in committed relationships, it's just another day. We don't need a specific day once a year to be in love and show that love.

If I were still young and dating, would I expect a guy I went on one date with to ask me out on Valentine's day? No. Now, if he's interested and wants to continue dating, and he just so happened to ask me out for a date on Valentine's day, I would accept, but I wouldn't expect any of the crap that long term couples do on that day. No gifts, no roses, etc. Just a date on a certain day that happens to be a day most people feel they should actually show their love to the people they're with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2014, 01:26 AM
    You asking her out again, has noting to do with what she would want or think.

You ask her out, if you had a good time and you want to see her.

If she liked the date, she will say yes, or she may say no. why do you even assume she will go on second date.

Also how do you know she does not already have a date for Valentine Day ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girls, attention-seekers [ 4 Answers ]

Why do most girls seek attention? What's about it that makes them so happy? Do you guys like girls who are attention-seekers?

I'm so disappointed! [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is 20 and she's going out with a 27 year old guy,thing is I introduced her to this guy last year July and they started dating last year October and they still dating today, thing is the last time we all weren't sure if this guy really likes her cause the next minute he's calling her, the...

Disappointed again [ 1 Answers ]

I thank God for this month,last month went really fast.but I have seen my period again,bt I think I am taking it better this time around.I felt really bad when I told my husband and I saw tears cloud in his eyes, those where really painful. Going through another round of trying,bt I believe it...

View more questions Search