Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tayliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2014, 12:58 PM
    Writing theme thesis statement for essay
    From "A Worn Path" by Eudora Welty, I had to use actions and objects in the story that may symbolize something that would point the reader to the central theme of the story.

Having trouble piecing together the thesis statement. The theme is about hope, courage, and faith.

The actions and objects I'm using that symbolize the theme to me are how She travels through this worn path she taken multiply times that encounter the many challenges she has faced not just along the path but through her life time. Visited by couple dreams where someone has reached out to her only for her to reach her hands out to nothing but she keeps keeps her faith up that someone someday will be there. Even though she is old and weak she uses her hope to continue take care of her grandson and hope for the world to be a better place for him to grow up in.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Feb 12, 2014, 05:46 PM
    You pretty much have your thesis statement already. You just need to do some rearranging and editing.

Can you think of a way of incorporating the symbolism in the book with hope, courage and faith. In other words, how do these things relate to her journey though life?

A thesis state requires to tell the reader how you are going to threat the subject matter when it comes to your essay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis statement for theme on greed [ 2 Answers ]

What's a good thesis statement for the theme Greed and Poverty can drive a man to do unimaginable things?

How to write a thesis statement in a theme essay [ 0 Answers ]

My theme is "some people may deslike the boring middle class lifestyle and wants to exceed expectation at any cost". Need help how to make a thesis statement in a theme essay. Thanks

Help with my thesis statement for an essay [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, OK so I wrote my thesis and my teacher told me that it is way TO GENERAL, what can I say to imrove my thesis? This is my Thesis, Literature from New Zealand/ Australia exposes friendship in many works. Friendship means different things to different people, and sometimes it is something that has...

Thesis Statement for THEME Essay [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site. I'm writing a theme essay on a pretty interesting topic. I write very well. However, I am having trouble getting started with my thesis statement. The theme of my essay is Fate vs. Free will: the question that I would like to turn into a thesis statement is: What...

View more questions Search