Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 06:54 PM
    Vicks cough drops
    Someone took Owen out of his kennel when we were out and did not put him back in.

He got into stuff and chewed it up on the bed. Which is why he has to be in his kennel. I am not happy with the person who did this. Z

He ate 1/3 of a box (approximately) of Vicks cherry cough drops. He is acting normal. No changes. It happened about an hour ago.

Any more information needed just ask. Do I need to worry?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 9, 2014, 03:12 AM
    mogrann I don't think the cough drops will do any harm. Too bad this happened, you don't need anything else to worry about ! He will just have runny poo for a day or two.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 9, 2014, 06:15 AM
    Likely he will be off his feed today as the taste of those things lingers. As far as toxicity, no worries.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 9, 2014, 07:22 AM
    Thank you guys. Between worrying about the person hurting dogs in our city and then him getting into stuff.. I can say he will be the death of me.

He is sooking today but so far no issues.. breakfast time is not for awhile yet so we will wait and see if he eats. He acts like he is always hungry and will even con a 2 or 3 breakfast from people in the house. That is why we have a set breakfast time. He is on the right amount of food the vet wants him on as she wants him on the slender side for his joints, before anyone says he needs more food. He is maintaining his weight at 74lbs
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 9, 2014, 07:51 AM
    My dog once got into a bag of Hershey bars...ate it wrappers and all. I worried about the whole thing with chocolate being bad for dogs so I kept an eye on him. It affected his poop for 2 days but didn't seem to bother him in any other way.

Glad to hear Owen is doing ok.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drops for cough [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Doctor, I have a 6 month old baby. She has got runny nose and cough for past 2 days. My Pediatrician gave her novamox drops, alex+ Pediatric drops. I want to know whether I can continue those drops and do they have any side effects?

Cough drops [ 1 Answers ]

I am 41 yrs old and last Wednesday I had septorhinoplasty for a deviated septum, also had my tonsils removed. My question is, can I let a mentholated cough drop dissolve n my mouth to, hopefully, help me breathe out my nose?

Cough drops [ 1 Answers ]

Can you take cough drops while you are pregnant?

Cough Drops while pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Is is OK to take cough drops while pregnant? If so, what kind(s) are OK? :confused:

View more questions Search