Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 03:48 PM
    Starty lost her husband today
    Those of you who've been around awhile may remember Startover69 (was that the right number?). She hasn't posted in a long while but we're Facebook friends. She lost her husband of 21 years today. Anyone wishing to contribute to a stuffed animals basket (no allergies that way) send me a PM
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Thanks for starting this thread Cats. I didn't know what to say. I'm definitely in. Getting R to put the cash in paypal right now.

My heart goes out to Starty and her 4 kids.
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:22 PM
    I'm hoping others contribute as well. This is family, our AMHD family. This is what makes this site great.

Just to hit it home, you may all remember Starbuck, or as we called her, the duck. She became a duck because of Startover and an unfortunate spelling mistake one Canada day. Canadians call themselves canucks. Starty (Startover) posted on AMHD wishing all her Canadian "canduck" friends, a happy Canada day.

Starbuck (RIP) wrote "I'm a duck?"

Starby has been gone for many years now. Because of her death many of us reached out to her family, and befriended them.

Starbucks sister, whose name I won't post because she's not a member of AMHD, and has no username here, is contributing for the care package we're sending to Startover. Why? In memory of her sister Starbuck, and the wonderful friends she had here on AMHD.

We're family! Even if you can only contribute $5, please do. This is about one of our own, and her loss. The fact that so many people have already contributed, it just makes me cry even harder, because it shows how much we really do care about each other. We're not just faceless nameless people on the internet. We're family!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:26 PM
    Startover21 was her name and numbers. My heart is broken for her. While they had their troubles, hence the name StartOVER, They were such a wonderful couple. Not only did they raise their own children, but they were also foster parents over the years.

For once I am at a loss for words.
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:31 PM
    Thanks for the number, J. It has been awhile.
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:34 PM
    Cats, just to lighten the mood a bit, I do have to point out that I'm not at all surprised that you came up with the number 69 to follow her username. ;)
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:35 PM
    I used that on purpose to get corrected quickly.
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:35 PM
    Yeah, it's been a very long time. She and I were friends on FB and have some mutual friends in Alaska. This is just heartbreaking news. Dustin was so young.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:52 PM
    My heart just breaks for her. She was such a nice woman, always thinking of others.
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 04:58 PM
    She left shortly after Starby died. I think she just couldn't be here anymore after that. And then Cherry shortly after. It was too much for many of the members. Stringer, Starty, Bear, Friend4U, just to name a few, just couldn't continue posting after those tragic losses.

But many of us became friends because of this site, and carried that friendship on to fb, calling each other, sending gifts to each other, emailing, any form of communication we could have. But this site is what brought us together.

She hasn't posted in years, but that doesn't make her any less one of the AMHD family. This is where we all met, and this group is what it's all about. Family. This is what makes this site work, and this is why we need to be here for Startover and her children, right now. She's one of us. She deserves our support. After all, that's why we came her to begin with. Support.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2014, 07:15 PM
    Hi everyone. Thank you for loving up on me. Its been so long, I know the love still grows on and on between so many of you and I. Thank you so much
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 07:26 PM
    You came Back! You've been missed.
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 07:28 PM
    I had the numbers wrong too! Oh, Ne, I am just heartbroken to hear this. I just wish I were closer to lend a hand, or a hug, or just a shoulder to cry on. My sincerest condolences go to you and the kids.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 07:40 PM
    >Cyber hug, tight and heart felt<
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 07:51 PM
    Starty, you are missed here, every day. So glad you posted. I hope you know that we're all here for you any way we can be. I can't even begin to express in words, how my heart feels for you and your children right now. I can only imagine what you're all going through, and I truly hope I never have to do more than imagine it.

My heart goes out to you and your beautiful children. Love you so much. Know that we're all here for you, whatever you need we'll do our best to make it happen. You're family!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2014, 07:59 PM
    Sorry to hear that...rough thing to for someone to go through. I think they were before my time here, or just posted in differnt forums... I don't seem to recognise that username.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 9, 2014, 07:24 AM
    My thoughts are with you and your loved ones. You have great friends here on AMHD that care and I am sure they will help however they can. I did not know you as I joined after you left, but have made a donation to a dog rescue I support in Brazil, in your husbands memory. I asked Alty if you were animal people and she said yes.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2014, 06:09 PM
    I just wanted to give a heartfelt THANK YOU, to all of you for your love and for the gift certificate. My family and I will put it to good use. Love to all of you! Lot's of HUGS!
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 21, 2014, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    I just wanted to give a heartfelt THANK YOU, to all of you for your love and for the gift certificate. My family and I will put it to good use. Love to all of you! Lot's of HUGS!
    {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Starty}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 21, 2014, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Love and hugs to you, too. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost my girlfriend of 3 years today [ 3 Answers ]

We met when I was 16, she was 15. I was quite popular in high school and so was she. We hit it off almost immediately, and the first year-year and a half things were just great. I started to develop anxiety soon afterwards and depression after that. Low self-esteem and confidence followed....

Lost my dog today [ 13 Answers ]

I am 18. I had a boxer since I was in kindergarten. Of course he has gotten very old and got put down just about 12 hours ago. I normally don't believe much in god. I try to but I just don't know what to believe. However every time I lose a pet or someone close to me I suddently become more...

Found a lost dog today [ 11 Answers ]

It was kind of interesting. It had weird behaviors. It seemed to be afraid of me, but also seemed to have the excited and urinating problem too. But he didn't bark or run away. I did the normal thing and stooped to his level with palms up. He came close enugh to sniff and smell and then...

Lost love haunts me today. [ 17 Answers ]

My first true love and I dated from the time we were 16 until I ended the relationship when we were 21. We went to high school and college together and experienced every possible "first" together. I ended the relationship because I thought I needed to experience other relationships before...

View more questions Search