Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxell121 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2014, 08:41 AM
    Concentration Development
    Its become too hard to concentrate with full mind.. I tried sleep and all the things which I was advise like nutrition,exercise etc but distracted thoughts won't stop like past memories while I try to concentrate on a single thing like reading etc... any medication?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2014, 08:47 AM
    Nope
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 09:16 AM
    What are these distracting thoughts? How long have they distracted you? Is there a reason you have not consulted a physician?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 10:20 AM
    Is it just thoughts that get you side tracked, or forgetfulness and moving to other ideas. Are there other health issues.

Are you sleeping well ? Proper diet ?
    maxell121 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2014, 12:11 PM
    Forgetfulness and lots of time requirement occur because of lack of concentration..

Its like automatic generated un-relevant(not related to subject I need to focus) thoughts are continuously created in mind while I learn something and those thoughts also get learned with the subject I tried to learn and got dreadfull worst even when focusing on difficult task.. this thing for sure effected my grades etc...

No other health problem I am having...
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 10, 2014, 09:12 AM
    I would find a therapist. They'll teach you how to train your mind to calm down and how you can ride those thoughts through. There could be medications but I don't even know enough to know what I don't know about them.

I say find a therapist because it did a world of good for me. I had issues focusing, I still do, but a lot of memories of previous failures would jump into my mind and distract me. It wouldn't be the memory of the event but the feelings, shame, and embarrassment of them that would haunt me. Talking to a therapist gave me a few tools to deal with all this and be more focused. Being a student you should have some resources that you can draw on for this.

Good luck.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2014, 01:16 PM
    If your past memories are traumatic, then you need therapy. Give us a hint of what they are (without details) and we might be able to give you better advice.

Some trauma fits under PTSD, with flashbacks and sudden increase in blood pressure. You literally relive the memory. There is evidence that high blood pressure medication taken just before you feel an attack coming on helps, but this is not something you do without your doctor.

Dwelling on memories that aren't that kind of traumatic but which keep you from getting through most days also need therapy.
    digitalxangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2015, 04:24 PM
    Have you thought about trying meditation? It's a guarantee way to quiet your mind for a bit. You can find guided meditation videos free online, or you can just sit in a quiet room, or with some light background noise and focus all your attention on your breathing. As little as one minute a day will start to improve your concentration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very little concentration in study [ 2 Answers ]

So I am here with a big problem of my life.that is my very little concentration in study.though I know that I have to do it because there is no other option to survive, if I don't study. But I am such a lazy person that I can't sit still for 15 minutes and concentrate on my study! All the time I...

I want to improve my concentration [ 0 Answers ]

I want to improve my concentration please I want a solution for this I'm suffering a problem From child

Concentration [ 3 Answers ]

How do I calculate concentartion?

Concentration... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My problem is that I can only sit to study a particular subject for around 15 minutes. What I mean is... suppose I take a biology lesson which I have to complete learning within 2 hours. Now as I start studying... I'll learn for say around 15 minutes without many thoughts coming to my...

View more questions Search