Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2014, 05:18 AM
    Hospital Insurance
    ObmaCare in Florida is a bust. Some of the congregation have found a discount program that they are happy with. $38.00 a month fee. They
    get to see a doctor, x-rays are $50.00 ea and medications mostly run about $4.00 at Walmart. Full Blood test are about $400.00.
    What they need is a hospital plan that includes surgery. Is it possible
    to buy a policy just for a hospital stay and the surgeons fee?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2014, 06:03 AM
    https://www.healthcare.gov/can-i-buy...strophic-plan/

I don't know the answers. I am not sure who does! Even people paid to sort out new coverage don't seem to know. My understanding was that catastrophic coverage wasn't allowed anymore, but this link says some people qualify.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 06:36 AM
    Before Obama care and all the changes, yes it was possible, but any of those plans now, are not approved and would not count as insured under the plan.

Most people know I never advertise, but I know the company that used to sell that exact policy in Florida.

Farm and Ranch Healthcare
    .Farm and Ranch Healthcare, Inc. - Affordable Health and Medical Insurance - Saving money with personalized insurance coverage

A quick check of he web site still lists those types of policies.

** disclaimer. I do not work for this company. But I used sell for them.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2014, 08:04 AM
    I guess we are in a pickle. A million low income people in Florida without insurance. Many do not file income taxes, for one reason or another Supported by a family member's social security income. Do not qualify for any subsidy. Medicaid in Florida will not be expanded. The policies themselves cost $695.00 with a $6500 deductible
    All this escapes me. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 08:16 AM
    Just for the heck of it, I went though the procedure of finding out what mine would cost in Georgia. I showed my income, as it is, about 1200 US dollars a month, ( not much in US, but live like a king here in China)

The losest cost plan was almost 700 dollars just for me. And over 100 for Nate and myself. ** This assumed we still resided in Georgia.

OK, make 1200, insurance 800?? No one can afford that. I also talked to my friends were I used to work, the company dropped all employee insurance because of the amount company would have to pay.

I guess someone is getting covered, but I know more people not insured today, than I ever did before.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 8, 2014, 08:18 AM
    If they never had insurance and they don't file taxes, then I see no reason to even try. The 'penalty' for not signing up is an extra tax, but they can't be taxed. Just hope that the free and sliding scale clinics and Pell Grants stay funded.
    Maybe you could start a construction company and hire them all and get a group plan, even if there is no work and no pay when not working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much would a hospital payout insurance to patients of a sexual offender [ 2 Answers ]

My kida pediatrician turned to be sexual predator within his practice and the hospital is going to pay damages to the patients,I was wondering how much money that might be.

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium o [ 1 Answers ]

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium of $25,000. The agency billed the client for the policy and is entitled to a commission of 20%. How do I do an adjusting journal entry for this question? Will it have two parts to it?

California law for car insurance settlements vs hospital settlements [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find information regarding California law for ins settlements vs hospital debt I was told that they can only take 50% of what I settled for... is this true.

Deductible for hospital stay insurance policy [ 1 Answers ]

I know what a deductible is. But what is the term "20% coinsurance after hospital deductible" What is 20% coinsurance mean?? Also it mentions"20% coinsurance up to a out of pocket maximum per contracted year of $1,500.00

View more questions Search