Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larainelj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2014, 08:50 PM
    OEM or compatible toner cartridge, which one should I choose?
    OEM toner cartridges are great in quality, but really high in price. My friend told me maybe I can choose compatible ones, but the quality cannot be valued before using. I have never used a compatible toner cartridge, do you have any good suggestions? Thanks a lot.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2014, 06:22 AM
    In my opinion the dangers of using non OEM carts is not worth the potential savings. In my experience it's a 50/50 proposition. About half the time it works and half the time it can screw up your printer.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 4, 2014, 06:17 PM
    There are two possible definitions for the term "OEM":

1) Original Equipment Manufactures.
    2) Other Equipment Manufactures.

With respect to toner cartridges, other equipment manufactures really just refill most cartridges. In some cases that is fine, providing the "refill" is an exact chemical match to the manufacturer's product. However often time it is not and results in poor print quality issues because things like seals are not also replaced.

Where the cartridges also contain imaging components, just refilling the toner does nothing to rejuvenate aging components with these cartridge assemblies.

Best bet is to stick with the "Original Equipment" manufacturer that way if there is a problem, the cartridge can be warranty replaced. If you use a refilled cartridge you are on your own and if the toner spills into the machine, the costs for repair and / or replacement of the machine are all yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I broke the cartridge puller screw inside of the cartridge stem how do I remove [ 5 Answers ]

I bought a home depot cartridge puller screw inside the stem of my moen shower cartridge how do I remove the cartridge now

HP Q2612A Toner Cartridge [ 0 Answers ]

I need a HP Laserjet 1010 toner cartridge. I found the price is good from tonersupermart, Anyone try this store before?

OEM toner cartridge in Samsung Printer scx-4623 [ 2 Answers ]

Because of the Samsung driver they send me. I am now unable to Use OEM toner cartridges for the printer. It will only accept a Samsung Toner Cartridge. Is there anway to erase the driver. Sorry I installed it in the first place

Toner cartridge not compatible [ 0 Answers ]

Samsung printer was working just fine. Samsung sent me a new driver After installing it, got error message" Toner Cartridge Not Compatible" It a OEM brand cartridge. Sorry I updated the driver in the first place. Unable to print anything. How can I correct this?

Have new black cartridge but it tells me to reinstall ink cartridge [ 1 Answers ]

Message states to reinstall black cartridge but I already have

View more questions Search