Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowV79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2014, 04:21 PM
    How do I file my taxes
    How do I file my taxes if I have been separated from my husband for more then two years
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Feb 7, 2014, 05:10 PM
    You can use the free version of the online Turbo Tax for your federal taxes. It's quite simple as long as you have all of your information. Skip the state tax section because I think Turbo Tax makes you pay and you can usually file on your state's tax website for free.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 7, 2014, 05:43 PM
    To actually answer the question, if you have been separated from your husband for MORE than six months, and there are no children, you can file in SINGLE status.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Feb 12, 2014, 10:03 PM
    My bad, I totally misunderstood the question.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 12, 2014, 10:39 PM
    Not a problem. You focused on the TOPIC and not the body. I have done that several times myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file for taxes? (F1 Visa, OPT, Company does not withhold taxes) [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file for taxes? My situation is: F1 Visa, OPT work authorization, Company does NOT withhold taxes. I began work in September 6 2011 (two month probation) and became full time on November 15 2011. I received bi-weekly checks since September 6. Please help. Thank you.

How to file taxes when paid by check but employer did not withhold taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I work for a small business and they do not have me on the "books" - meaning they are not paying pay roll taxes or deducting taxes from my paycheck. They pay me every two weeks by check. I'm worried now I have been here for a year and it's time to file my taxes. I do not have a W2 form with them...

Should I file US taxes if I already pay taxes in Italy where I live? [ 1 Answers ]

American expat living in Italy tax question

Can you file taxes if you draw unemployment have dependents with no taxes taken out o [ 2 Answers ]

I draw unemployment with no taxes taken out have dependents can I file taxes?

View more questions Search