Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Apr 2, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Is Hope Stubburn?
    well the question popped up in my head few days ago... don't remember what mde me think this eccept it was one of those moments where I was feeling pessimistic about something I don't remember...

I don't even know if the question belongs in here... I tried to answer the question myself but I seem to be going in circles... like.. if I wer to suppose hope is a living being and a person.. then is hope being stubburnly optimistic?

but then what is hope? Is it a reality? A belief? A wish?

and if one gives up hope.. would it be that hope is not so stubburn or rather the hope is not even present?

I keep going around in circles... but then it's such an odd and random question there's probably no answer to it... or..?
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 2, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Yes, you got it: Hope is "stubbornly optimistic"!
    Hope is being determined and resolute in believing that something is possible even though we have seen some indication to the opposite. BUT, there is also "false hope" where you believe in something that is unrealistic or unlikely. (Wikipedia).

Also, hope is something made of "wishing" and something intangible but magical.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers-- That perches in the soul-- And sings the tune without the words-- And never stops--at all-- Emily enson
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Hope, hmm
    I think hope is one of a good things to have because it run your engine, it is a good motivator. I personaly think that hope is a fundemental concept.
    If we personalize hope, I see it as sorth of an angel a very positive, optimistic person that always wants only good to others.
    If one gives up hope, he lost this little angel that gives him strength and comfort.
    jessincali Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Hope is simply our desired outcome to an action.
    This can be positive or negative, we just generally think of it as positive.
    If one gives up hope - they are simply giving into the realization that things may not happen as they would like them to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there hope? [ 5 Answers ]

Well I don't know where too start. Me and my EX GF met around December after 3days of knowing her we were dating we both was so much in love and close the first 2months was great but then because I got bad past experiances in relationships I'm sweet guy treat a girl good and gentleman and it is...

Is there any hope for us? [ 1 Answers ]

After my boyfriend broke up with me 7 months ago I decided to use it as a learning curve and became a new confidant person. Im exercising, trying new thing, change my look every now and again and am even looking into starting my own business. Which is all great because I feel like my own person...

Do I have any hope? [ 6 Answers ]

hi everyone, I'm new to this site, so it would be very sweet of you guys to help me =) well basically, I've been with this guy in a serious relationship for one year and a month. And we did everything together. We've been through the best and worst of times. In October of 2006, he broke up with...

View more questions Search