Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpea50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2014, 09:14 PM
    Need Title for a lost book
    I lost a book some years ago that I started reading about an island inhabited by creatures / animals that had vital organs that were exact dna matches to humans who could afford the price. The crux was they were only animals. During course of investigation, it is found that animals were problem solving. I'd really like to finish this story. I thought it might be "the island", but the one I was able to find on line didn't match the story line. Any help is appreciated.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 6, 2014, 10:43 AM
    Hmmm - this novel has bits of what you described - animal organ harvesting, an island, but I'm not quite sure it's what you're looking for...
    Ancestor - Siglerpedia
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Feb 8, 2014, 11:59 AM
    Another possibility
    Robin Cook's,...

Chromosome 6

A group of geneticists find the gene that can
    be transplanted into apes to insure the apes
    organs would provide perfect matches for humans.
    Unfortunately, the bit of genetic material also seems
    to be the bridge between animal and true human
    sentient thought.
    ---
    sweetpea50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2014, 04:27 PM
    That's IT! Chrosome 6 by Robin Cook! Thanks so much!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember book title (Childrens/YA book) [ 4 Answers ]

I read a book in the early to mid 1990s with this plot: A girl, either a pre-teen or young teen, plays some game in front of a mirror. Suddenly she can see through the mirror to another girl who looks just like her, except inside the mirror it's obviously the 18th or 19th century. Somehow the...

Need a book title... I read this book in high school [ 1 Answers ]

The book starts with the main character Renee she's in HS living in a busy city she is popular and she caught the eye of an attractive guy but her parents made a choice to move to a small town and so she and her family is now in a smal town where she has to start all over again... In the book...

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

Book Title Book like the Mummy (Egypt) [ 1 Answers ]

I read this book 3 years ago a lady has a bottle given to her by a grandma and a necklace and a diary she always had a desire to see Egypt there a 2 men involved (love interest) she ended up on a paddle steamer and bad men were after her and the bottle and necklace. She ended up in Egypt at these...

View more questions Search