Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2014, 02:50 PM
    Do we use the Roman or Gregorian calendar today?
    Guess it's a silly question, but really I don't know.
    Is today's calendar the Roman or Gregorian?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 02:53 PM
    Present day calendar is gregorian, solar based
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2014, 03:15 PM
    Pope Gregory started the "Gregorian" calendar in 1582 or so. The solar year is actually 365 and 1/4 days long and therefore we add 1 day in a leap year to make it up.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 05:02 PM
    Actually the Gregorian calendar added the feature of skipping leap years in years that are divisible by 100 but not divisible by 400. Hence the average numbers of days/year in the Gregorian calendar is 365.2425 days. The older Julian calendar had leap years every 4 years, for an average of 365.25 days/year. As a consequence the Julian calendar fell behind "solar time" by 12 days over 1500 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2014, 09:56 PM
    I use Chinese (LOL) happy Chinese New Year
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 6, 2014, 06:32 AM
    Yes Fr_Chuck- happy year of the horse!
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Feb 6, 2014, 01:31 PM
    Thanks all! Got it! :D
    @Fr_Chuck... Gung hei fat choi!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am having bad pains in my ab region today. It just started today. I am 18 years old [ 1 Answers ]

I am having bad pains in my ab region today. It just started today. I am 18 years old, 5'11. 185. And male. I have had a complete loss of appetite today, and from the second I woke up have felt pains in my ab region. Sometimes in my right side and in the mid region too. I have gone to the doctor...

Small roman vial with roman head profile [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I inherited a small vial with a roman head measuring 4cm in D, I just want any information on it, I love antiques but I don't know anything about this, I was told it might be a roman tear vial, but I looked them up and it didn't resemble what I found. If nyone could help that would be...

How to set hijri & gregorian date on form access 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Kindly help me in two areas, 1- I have design a database of "Receiving and Sending document" I want to input both date "Hijri & Gregorian" when I set date format from control panel it show only one format I need both, how I set it? 2- I want to show report with date filter that user selects...

Roman Story [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Roman story about women who quit having sex in order to stop wars? I believe the title started with a females name and was one word. Maybe starting with an L?

Verbal eviction to get out today given today? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend lives with a friend in an effeciance, Hes paid all his bill his rent, electric and water, and on Monday he was given a verbal eviction to be out by Monday the 19th and today his so called friend called and said that he had to be out by today with all of his stuff. I told him that I...

View more questions Search