Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13dolphan72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2014, 05:11 PM
    Why does pilot go out after approx. 10 minutes?
    Replaced thermocouple twice in 11 days. Pilot lights then gas valve shuts down after approximately 10 minutes. Replaced gas valve, same problem. I have 11" w.c. inlet pressure. when burner kicks on I have 10.5" w.c. outlet pressure.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2014, 08:52 PM
    Gas pressure is fine. I believe your problem is either the location of the thermocouple or, most likely, a somewhat dirty pilot burner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light on water heater goes out after a couple minutes [ 1 Answers ]

My water heater pilot light goes out after a couple minutes I have to keep lighting it for about an hr just to get the water to temp sometimes it stays on for 1hr sometimes just 5 min it varies.

Pilot light goes out on gas fireplace about every 10 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Our pilot light keeps going out on our gas fireplace. It lights fine and we have a full tank of gas. It was working fine and then it started to do this. It could be dirty. How would I clean it. We have had very low tempetures in the past few days. It has never done this in the past. O'Neilmom

Gerber pilot valve 99-646 2 minutes to fill and clogs [ 3 Answers ]

Have just moved to new apt with gerber bowl. Takes 2 minutes to fill and clogs easily. Want easiest fix. Not cheapest. Willing to replace entire inside if will correct problem and easier then trying to disect inside. Thank you, Jerry

Fireplace pilot goes out after 15 minutes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old firplace that starts fine with the pilot but goes out after 15 or so minutes... as soon as it gets hot. I went on line and most of the advice was the same... to change the thermopile. I changed this and have the same problem. Now sometimes the burner won't turn on the same as...

View more questions Search