Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ss1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 06:20 AM
    Connecting a 24v ac thermostat
    So I'm trying to help my ant hook up a new thermostat. To tell you the truth I don't know the brand of it. All I know is that it has R C W Y G I only have R W Y G wires coming out. I think I need one more wire to connect to the T'stat for the display to come on since its powere by 24v ac. Do I need to bring a wire from commond of transformer to C on T'stat?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
    I think so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24V Electronic Air Filter [ 3 Answers ]

I purchased an Electronic Air filter to replace my standard HVAC filter. The filter came with a 24V transformer that plugs into a standard AC outlet, but it has been recommended to me to wire it directly to the 24V transformer on the HVAC controller so that it is only "on" when air is blowing past...

24v Transformer [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find a good source for a 24v transformer. I am working on a project that will use a digital home thermostat to control a couple of 24v relays. I've found all of the parts but a suitable, cheap, 24v thransformer. I thought this would be the easiest part to find but it is turning...

24v Thermostat to Millivolt Propane Fireplace Insert [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of replacing a millivolt thermostat that controls my Regency Fireplace insert. Coming off the insert are two wires that when connected together open the gas valve and the fireplace insert begins operation. I purchased a new thermostat that allows me to call the thermostat...

Wiring Thermostat-High Voltage to 24v [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the process of having my 1941 oil boiler replaced with a new gas boiler, and I want to replace my line voltage thermostat with a 24v programmable thermostat. At thermostat now is 110 with 1 black and 1 white. I know I will need a 24v transformer but don't know exactly how to wire this. Can...

24v transformer bad [ 3 Answers ]

My 24v transformer is bad on my gas pack heat and ac unit. I replace the transformer 2 months ago... I replaced it again yesterday. This time it went bad in 4-hours. What is shorted to blow the transformer? Also, DC is used to pull the a/c and fan relays, right? Where is the 24v ac...

View more questions Search