Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2014, 09:02 PM
    Kenmore 587.1520 start won't work
    Hi there my dishwashers start/cancel button won't work. I can set the cycle ultimate scrub, speed clean, normal wash, china crystal, top rk, Eco wash, rinse only. The setting I pick shows up in the display, start won't work! I tried running hot water, resetting breaker, and tried the reset by holding a few buttons down... Any ideas before I call a repairman? Thanks
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2014, 07:22 AM
    You will have to remove the circuit board that has the buttons on it and peel off the touchpad and clean it. It's done just like a remote control for a TV. Once you peel off the rubber pad you use a soft toothbrush and dishwashing soap and gently scrub it clean which, of course, includes those little carbon pieces under each button which make contact with the circuit board when pressed. Then clean the circuit board the same way and wash off both parts with 95% isopropyl alcohol and let dry in warm place for an hour or more. You may use a hair dryer to dry it more. To reassemble get a tube of GE Clear Silicone caulk and put a thin bead around the edges and press together and let it cure for two hours or more. Make very sure you do not get any on the circuit board contacts under the buttons or the little carbon buttons. Reassemble and the problem should be solved. Here are some manuals: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ishwashers.zip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher 587.15203801 won't stop draining [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my dishwasher suddendly stopped working normally And now shows Er blinking and it wond stop drainning and there is not water on it, if there is a fix code can someone help me please?

Kenmore dishwasher 587 1518 Won't start [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Our kenmore dishwasher will not start another clean cycle unless we turn off the power to the unit and turn it back on via the fuses (the fuse doesn't blow during operation). The clean light stays lit the entire time. Any help? Thanks

Kenmore dishwasher model 587 washing light blinking but won't start [ 0 Answers ]

Last night my power went off due to a lighting storm and now my kenmore dishwasher model 587 lights are blinking but won't start

Kenmore 587 dishwasher won't work [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore dishwasher panel lights blink and fade. If you push one of the options the lights go off. If you push start the lights go off. Can't get the dishwasher to start.

Kenmore he4 panel won't work and dryer won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have had the circuit board/panel replaced once on my he4. I had only 2 weeks left on the warranty and figured it should be OK once it was fixed. They wanted another $200 to renew the warranty! Didn't have the $$ at the time. Anyway, the same darn thing is happening... you have to push the buttons...

View more questions Search