Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UmaAryaman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 08:24 PM
    X-rays effect on developing embryo during 6th running week
    Hello,

I am pregnant and currently it's the my 6th week running(since last period start day). Just to re-iterate 4th week since conception.

All of a sudden I started having rusty sputum on 36th day (since last period start day) and for which I was recommended Chest X-Rays PA view with abdominal cover.

On 37th day the chest X-rays were done and later I came to know that I was not given the lower abdominal cover as was recommended for x-rays.

Now I am a lot worried regarding the same in what way would have it affected the embryo inside. I have read numerous articles online but I seem to be all the more confused.

I seek your guidance on this matter and how should I proceed forward on this.

Thanks.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 3, 2014, 09:44 AM
    The problem now is that it is done. A small amount of x-rays shouldn't hurt the fetus, but it shouldn't be done a lot. X-ray machines are REALLY low impact these days, they've come down in power a lot and the film/computer sense is a lot more sensitive.

I would have sure that your doctor knows this and get guidance from him. That is the best source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

x-rays affecting 4 week fetus [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant and should be about 4 weeks pregnant. Last week though I was involved in a bus accident and had to get x-rays and a ctscan but wasn't aware that I was pregnant. Will the x-rays and ctscan affect my baby?

Which rays are called optical rays [ 0 Answers ]

Images of optical rays

I got mis carriage in 6th week, wn the pregnancy confirmed doctor tested me [ 3 Answers ]

I got mis carriage in 6th week, when the pregnancy confirmed I went to a lady doctor and she tested me in vagina. After that I got pain and started bleeding, many of told that no body tests in the 6th week, this is my first pregnancy, its been 2years that I got married, I'm so worried, I'm eagrly...

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search