Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badgeladly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2014, 08:04 AM
    Can my estranged husband get part of an inheritance I am about to receive?
    We have been separated almost a year and a half, no papers filed,my parents both died and I am going to get an inheritance. Can he touch it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 1, 2014, 08:10 AM
    In which state do you live?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2014, 09:28 AM
    While he can not get part of it directly, since it was property gained during the marriage, ( no formal separation) in some places at divorce, he may have right to share of property.

Also, depending on what country you live in?? Property rights often go to husband in some areas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My estranged husband has my car. [ 13 Answers ]

I have filed for divorce. He left on 12/3/13 and took a car that is owned, insured and registered only to me. He would not cosign on the loan.  I received a ticket from out of state due to him parking in a tow-away zone. My lawyer said to keep everything the same and that he "has to" have the...

Estranged husband [ 2 Answers ]

My grandmother died and left me some money and her estranged husband is trying to take the money from me can he do this

Is there a way I can get my estranged husband out of the house? [ 3 Answers ]

I am married but we live separate lives -- we own our home. Is there a way I can get my estranged husband out the house? I have a 14yr old daughter and have moved twice. He stayed here as he wouldn't move out -- I got in to debt and had 2 move back in but the situation is not good at all and is...

Inheritance-Is estranged husband entitled to mine? [ 1 Answers ]

Is my estranged husband entitled to any of my inheritance not yet distributed?

Estranged child's inheritance [ 2 Answers ]

My uncle recently died. He had one child, was divorced, remarried and had two more children. He paid child support until his first child was 18, saw him only a few times while the child was growing up. After age 18, the boy never heard from him again. My uncle put his other two children through...

View more questions Search