Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattersp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 06:31 PM
    Sewer clean out overflowing
    Water is coming out of the sewer cleanout. So I'm assuming that's where the waters coming from puddled in my front yard.

But when I shutoff the water to the toilets, and turn on the water at the main, there's still water coming out of the sewer cleanout, and my water meter is still reading that water is going into the house somewhere. Thoughts?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 06:58 PM
    Is your toilet running? If not why shut it off? A toilet is always shut off until you flush it unless the flapper leaks. Now this turning on the main, when you do that if the water meter is running and no water running in the house faucets or anything on, you must have a broken water line past the water meter. As far as in the house water pipes and sewer pipes are obviously are separate. BUT if that water line brake was beside a sewer line that also had a break then this could cause your loop problem. I've never seen this before was it cold and your waterline froze and possible the sewer line has a crack competing that loop.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2014, 09:17 AM
    What you should be concerned with is the stoppage from the cleanout to the curb .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing sewer clean out yourself? Can it be done? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband wants to install our sewer clean out himself. I don't want it to sound like he is not handy, but... Anyway, the sewer repair technician quoted a price of $1300 to do the job. My husband says he can do it himself. He talked to a friend of his that is a plumber who told him what parts...

Sewer clean-out [ 3 Answers ]

I'm planning to replace my asphalt driveway and wooden front entrance walkway with concrete. But before I do that, I'd like to check the condition of my sewer clean-out to make sure that the many trees I had in the front yard didn't affect the sewer line leading to the street with their roots. I'd...

New basement shower is overflowing with smelly water.not sure if it is sewer. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there? The shower in my basement has been overflowing with smelly ?sewer? Or dirty water At least 3 times a week 8 months after it was built by a contractor. (we hardly used the shower since it was first built). It started probably once a week and is worse now. The city inspected and...

Sewer Clean Out [ 2 Answers ]

How do i go about locating the sewer clean out?

Sewer clean out [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought an old stone farm house. The contractor and previous owner recently abondanded the septic field and connected the house waste to the city sewer system. He did this after we bought the property. I observed that the sewer clean out junction was not a "t" connection but a "u" shaped...

View more questions Search