Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hooverkat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 03:08 PM
    Is this a bad idea? Post-breakup
    My boyfriend of one and a half years wanted me to move back to his home state with him, but I'm not ready for it. I also needed space from him because he is going through a tough time in his life. I am continuously supportive of him, but he has the tendency to lash out at me verbally or shut me out when he is stressed or angry at other things. We love each other very much, so we agreed to keep in touch and revisit the possibility of a relationship in a year. But I was very clear that there aren't any expectations from me- if either of us meets someone else, that's great. My question is: Am I setting myself up for more trouble?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:12 PM
    I don't see how, as long as you follow your plan to keep going on with your life, and he understands that.
    The way you write shows someone with a good sense of dealing with relationships.
    Perhaps going home will be good for him, perhaps not. Unless he has concrete plans when he gets there, I'm guessing not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:28 PM
    The only problem I see is working his plan, and not YOURS.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 05:00 PM
    Providing you realize next year he will want what was and not what is, you two may have a chance to re-kindle. Guys are notorious (I am a guy) for not dealing with change well.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 2, 2014, 01:19 PM
    A lot can happen in a year. Why not use this time apart to clear your minds and then worry about another chance at a relationship when both your minds are clearer.

Seems pretty clear that both of you have your own issues to worry about before worrying about the other person.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 2, 2014, 05:30 PM
    I think that is a very wise decision. Live your life in the meantime. Let the future take care of itself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

Advice on post-college breakup. Struggling to cope with the breakup - Please read/hel [ 33 Answers ]

Everyone has their own story so here is mine: My ex-girlfriend and I met in college, dated for all 4 years until recently. We spent almost everyday together, she was my support and best friend. Like any couple, we had our problems, and I was her first ever relationship. I received a job offer...

Is it a good idea or a bad idea. [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is 5. and she has developed this habit of getting up in the mornings at 3am and getting into things in the fridge and cupboards for late night snacks. I have tried fridge locks and cupboard locks, but she is just too darn smart and figures them all out! My question is, would it be...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search