Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Jan 31, 2014, 01:05 PM
    MSWord 2010 Forms & Editing?
    Can a protected form be set to allow users to edit their text in the form fields--bold, size, etc.--without affecting the linked fields (so that those linked remain in default document font without taking on the "master" field's attributes)? And can those linked fields be set to their own default style?

Some time ago, I created a form for co-workers to use when writing proposals for our clients. The first page has a few fields (Client Name, Date, etc.) which are linked to other fields in the document which auto-populate when the "master" ones are updated. I would like users to be able to format any of the editable fields without affecting the linked auto-populate fields, as well as add bulleted lists if they choose.

I did sort of set a style to a linked field, but it doesn't work quite right. Entering the client's company name on page 1 populates it to the last page, where I tried to set the field to Bold... but it only bolds the first word of the company name.

Originally, my fields were set to Plain Text, but even after switching to Rich Text Content Control, having the form protection on doesn't allow format editing. Trying to change formatting restrictions asks me if I want to remove formatting or styles which aren't allowed, which destroys the entire format.

Is there any likelihood of me being able to fix this form, or can I do these things I want to by starting from scratch?

I hope I explained well... I'm having a hard time getting a straight answer from the Office tutorials.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 4, 2014, 06:32 PM
    Just as a rule of thumb, the Word Tutorials are not designed for advanced document management. Years ago I played with issues like yours but before I resolved them I ended up at a Barnes and Noble store to purchase a M/S Word book which did a much better job then the bare bones tutorials.

I would suggest that idea to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compare msword documents [ 0 Answers ]

Hiiiiiiiii, My office is an medical transcription.the files will be done in msword by mt people. I want to compare the msword files which have done by mt's. I want a software which will be compare and give results and percentage of the files.this must be compared folders and must give...

MSword requesting virus scan-?help [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with MSword. When I open a doc it takes a while and when I finally get word open there is a note on the bottom bar saying "requesting virus scan". Then it loads the document. I run a fast PC, late version of word, scan for virus with norton (updated weekly). Any thoughts on...

Opening file in MSWord 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me? I am in desperate need of help. I'm trying to open a MS Word document a friend sent me. However, when I click on it I get this message: The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. *Check the file permissions for the document or drive. *Use the File Open...

View more questions Search