Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joan gerbasi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 12:53 PM
    Quit claim deed what if person to sign quick claim refuses to sign form
    Buyer of our business, bankrupted 5 years ago approx. We are in the process of selling the property & need to open escrow. The previous purposed buyer who fell out of escrow due to bankruptcy has refused to sign the "quick deed form". Therefore, we are unable to open escrow with the newly proposed buyer. What legal rights have we, what can we do? Thank you for your time
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 12:59 PM
    Did you ever issue a deed to the previous, bankrupted buyer? If not then there should be no need for the bankrupt to sign a quit claim deed. Who is telling you that they need to sign a deed and why?

If you issued a deed to the previous buyer then you should have received some form of transfer of ownership from the bankruptcy trustee at the time the bankruptcy was completed.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 03:50 PM
    One of the things bankruptcy debtors must file with their petition is a form stating their intentions regarding executory contracts such as this. If, at the time of filing of the bankruptcy petition (or later), the bankruptcy debtor rejected the contract to purchase, that document can be accessed via PACER (or ask the bankruptcy court clerk for a copy).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to sign quit claim deed in order for ex to proceed with short sale? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need to sign a quit claim deed in order for my ex-husband to proceed with a short sale? We're both on the deed & mortgage. My ex husband lives in the home. He is asking me to sign a quit claim deed so he can proceed with a short sale. Is this okay and "safe" for me to do? Being that I'm still...

Quit Claim Deed. Do my ex-husband have to sign it? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a owner of a house in Orlando, Florida with my exhusband. I want to transfer my property part to my daughter through a quit claim deed. Do my ex-husband have to sign it? (we gt married and divorced in Puerto Rico)

If I have P.O.A. Over my parents can I sign a Quit Claim Deed to myself as P.O.A. [ 10 Answers ]

I have P.O.A. over my parents and they are trying to keep Jr. from trying to claim their land because he has the same name as my dad so they want to Quit Claim Deed it to me so that I can sell the land for them without Jr. interferring. Can I sign for dad because he has dementia even though the...

Can a person be forced to sign a corrective quit claim deed [ 4 Answers ]

My mother signed some property over to me in 1999 by using a quit claim deed, we had the property surveyed and the legal description quit claim deed was filed at the court house, now I am currently selling the property and have been told by the title company that the survey done in 1999 is...

Can I my boyfriend sign a quit claim deed before we get married? Would it be valid? [ 2 Answers ]

I am purchasing my first home, my boyfriend and I will live there. I would like him to sign a quit claim deed, because I do not want him to be able to claim any rights to my property. Can I my boyfriend sign a quit claim deed before we get married? Would it be valid?

View more questions Search