Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KennyLee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 12:41 PM
    Ruud Heat Pump Outside Unit not working
    Ruud Heat Pump outside unit not working. Changed Contactor and Capacitor. Unit will run only if hold contactor down. Blower and heat strips work fine.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 31, 2014, 05:01 PM
    Do you have voltage (low voltage) to contactor coils?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2014, 06:07 PM
    Could be a control panel, contactor or thermostat issue. You need voltage at the contactor to pull the contactor in.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 10:16 PM
    Just to add here<br><br>possibly the Voltage to the contactor is controlled by the anti-short cycle timer switch in a small circuit board is not allowing voltage to the contactor.<br>Just to double check things use a volt meter to se e if 220volts at the incoming side of the contactor.<br>If voltage is good and you and as you said the compressor and fan motor come on set the thermostat for cool Then use the meter to check for 24 volts at the contactor solenoid terminals. If you have 24 volts new contactor. Is bad, replace contactor.<br>If you don’t have 24 volts re-set the pressure switch.<br>If the pressure switch is good check low voltage wires from the thermostat on the yellow and common (blue/black) wires for 24 volts. If there are no volts on yellow and the common either the thermostat is bad or you have a broken thermostat wire.&nbsp;<br><br><br><br>
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 10:19 PM
    Sorry I don't have a clue why my post came out messed up use to old ASK system

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a newly installed 13 seer ruud heat pump that huruud heat pump troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newly installed ruud 13 seer heat pump, it works fine. It emits a constant hum,louder sometimes than others, this hum continues when machine is off, it will only cease when power is off to machine. I have heard various transformers sound similar,but should this heat pump make this...

Ruud achiever ac/ heat pump with aux heat.. electric.. pump in high pressure lockout... [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced tstat.. tech added 2 lbs r22.. but it didn't register on his gauge that he had added any... worked for a day.. didnt need heat for 3 days... then had to reset house electrical for cooling to come on... now heat cme on for 5 minutes then went into aux heat...

Need to replace Ruud UPKA-031JAZ Outdoor Heat Pump Unit - what units can I use? [ 1 Answers ]

I have elderly in-laws in Outerbanks that have this Ruud UPKA-031JAZ unit connected to a Ruud UBHA 17J11NFDAI and RCBA-3765 GG17 Unit in their attic. They have no A/C and no Heat from the unit which they have been advised needed a condenser which was replaced and now have been advised that it...

Rheem-heat-pump-outside-unit-humming but blower unit working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump and ac unit outside. The inside blower fan still working but the outside unit humming. Are there any quick fixes here

RUUD Heat Pump Outside Unit Fan not coming on [ 1 Answers ]

I just closed on my house - made one payment and the outside heat pump is not working!! About 3-4 weeks ago the fan on the outdside unit just sounded a little rough, almost a slight grind/knocking noise- although nothing major or too out of the ordinary for a fan motor ,just a little bit...

View more questions Search