Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steven leek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 09:03 AM
    Kitchen tap
    My kitchen tap won't turn on or off, it turns a little right and a little left but no cold water comes out the tap . Please help ?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 09:47 AM
    Can you give a little more info?

Is it a single lever faucet? Does it have a hose coming out of main part of faucet?
    Can you give us make and model?

Chuck
    Steven leek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 01:56 PM
    Yes it's a single 1. erm standard council tap fitting. Hot and cold single taps
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 03:02 PM
    I don't know what a council fitting is mmm and I do plumbing

Often on single lever faucets they get stiff inside and stop turning on and off all the way. Sometimes it just requires taking it apart and lubing inside with plumbers grease and all is well. In single lever many times the setscrew that is underneath the handle that hidden behind a very small pop out cap gets loose and the handle doesn't fully operate. Since we really not sure what you have I posted some vids that may help you out

Plumbers grease

http://reviews.homedepot.com/1999/20...ws/reviews.htm
    Moen faucet
    How-To: Repair Moen Single Handle Faucet, Pt.1 - YouTube

Delta
    Delta Faucet Repair - YouTube

Amercain stabdard
    How to repair a leaking kitchen faucet...Part 1 - YouTube

How to Fix a Leaky Kitchen Faucet Pfister Cartridge - YouTube
    Price Pifster

Hope this helps

Get back need more info or maybe this will help you out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink tap [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know the size of the base of a grohe concetto kitchen tap 32661001

Replacing Kitchen tap... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I want to replace the kitchen tap. The old one has copper pipes, with earth bonding straps attached. The new tap that I want to get from ikea has the flexi-pipes - can I use the flexis instead of copper and do I need to re-attach the bonding straps to the flex-pipe? Thanks, Sean

When I turn my mixer tap on in my bathroom my kitchen tap runs could it need a valve [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my mixer tap on in my bathroom my kitchen mixer tap runs could it need a valve fitting

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

Kitchen tap/pipe vibrating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I live in a modern house for around 6 years. Recently every time I turn on hot the water tap from any bathroom, the kitchen tap starts to vibrate and make a noise. When I go downstairs and turn the tap on, the noise stops! I really don't know what to do! :mad:

View more questions Search