Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plumberman1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 08:04 PM
    Why do the pipes make noise when opening the faucet?
    I need help because I'm fixing the sink's pipes
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 04:27 PM
    Is the noise a tap tap tap hammering noise, which is called water hammering.
    Can you be more specific Is the water coming out of the faucet slow? Did this just start?

A noise can be created when the valve in the faucet is restricted and e noise is at the valve and also can cause vibration on the .

This site will help you understand and maybe diagnose the issue you have

How to Diagnose & Fix Water Hammer Plumbing Noises - Banging Water Pipe Cures

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When turning on water pipes make noise [ 1 Answers ]

Very loud noise when turn water on can't turn faucet pass cold and noise start feel like the pipe might be shaking behind the wall,also unable to use hot water in sink ,like faucet struck

My pipes make noise in shower [ 0 Answers ]

I have a roaring like sound coming from my master shower,I have changed the relieve vavle on hot water heater and then I was told my water pressure may to high I checked it was high 120 psi I put a water regulator vavle on my main line it stop for three days its has started again I"m wonder if its...

Flush toilet pipes make loud noise [ 2 Answers ]

Lately after I flush the upstairs toilet only, there is a delay of about 10-20 seconds and then it sounds like a pipe or something makes this loud jack hammer until the toilet shuts off and the tank fills up. Why is this happening?

Sink pipes make noise when stool is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

When we flush the stool there is a noise under the sink on the opposite wall. It's sort of a gurgling sound.

Pipes make noise when turning off water [ 4 Answers ]

When I shut off the water I get a Fog Horn sound coming from my pipes. I can not tell where is really coming from as a I heard it from from all over. It does not seem to any certain faucet that causing the problem, I have heard it from the upstairs shower, upstairs kitchen sink, downstairs bathroom...

View more questions Search