Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrannenP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 06:28 PM
    Sore ear piercing
    I got my cartilage pierced 2 months ago and it is still really sore when I touch it. It is not red. It has never had any kind of discharge or scab. How do I care for it?
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2014, 04:25 PM
    Sea salt soaks are probably best for this. These is this thing called 'hypertrophic scarring' which occurs after a piercing as the body's way of expressing post traumatic stress. Although I am not a professional piercer, nor am I with you, this sounds normal. If in a months time it still hurts, you might want to consult your piercer for advice.
    Good luck, I'm sure you're okay .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A lump behind ear but not on the ear piercing? [ 0 Answers ]

I just got my industrial piercing last week, and the past 2 days my ear was swollen and burning hot, I took Ibuprofen and it relieved my pain but then the next day my boyfriend hit my ear by accident so it hurted again, then I cleaned it and I put ice, it made it worst I felt my ear pounding and it...

Why is my ear so sore? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have had a sore ear for about 3 days now I can't hear anything out of it and its blocked I don't know weather I should go to the doctors or not I'm hoping it will just unblock by itself what should I do?

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

Sore lump behind my ear [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have had a lump behind my ear for a while now. This is not the first time I have had it. In the past I have had them behind both ears. Sometimes they are sore sometimes they are not, sometimes large sometimes small. Too be honest they change every time I get them. This time it is very large...

View more questions Search