Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wayne LeRoux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 02:06 PM
    Electric furnace
    Have a 21b20m Norton by Broan serbies B electric furnace .Itt won't run in the auto setting. I have replaced the 24 and 240 volt relay and the bottom double sequencer. The light for the thermostat is working. It will only run in continuous setting and the heating elements are all working OK. The shut down when it get to the setting on the thermostat. Could it be the auto setting in the thermostat is not sending info to the furnace ?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2014, 02:48 PM
    Im not real familiar with that heating unit but I have an installation file and the wiring guide for you to check all you wiring install. Guide also has a trouble-shooting guide

http://www.broan.ca/PDF/InstallGuide...eries_I_en.pdf

You a little choppy here add you didn’t tell us what kind of thermostat you have

Hope this helps. I thinking bad wiring or thermostat is out of level and or wire loose in thermostat or a bad thermostat meaning it runs your heating unit in one mode but not the other mode

Again check all wire on unit if all is good then the thermostats could be that weak link

Use this to trouble shoot your thermostat
    Mechanical Thermostat | Digital Thermostat | Programmable

Thermostat switches: Air Conditioning & Heating Blower Fan AUTO ON & COOL OFF HEAT Switches on Thermostats

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing an existing gas & electric furnace to all electric. [ 2 Answers ]

My home is 90% electric, but my furnace is electric and gas, I am curious about how to change to an all electric furnace since my air conditioning and hot water tank are both electric. Will this require me to amp up my electrical panel?

I have a Ruud forced air electric furnace. My furnace will not shut off. [ 1 Answers ]

The fan and heat run continuously. I even disconnected the thermostat wires and it still won't shut off until I throw the breaker.

Electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric furnace and when I try to turn on the heat only cold air blows out. Follow your wiring diagram to find the component/part that is causing your problem. There are many different items that can cause this problem Fuses Relays Sequencers Heater elements Etc

Electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace will turn on with the thermostat but it will not shut down. Is this a problem with the thermosts or something in the furnace. Thanks

How to convert a gas furnace to electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a conversion kit

View more questions Search