Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qaz112 Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2014, 03:11 AM
    video I shoot using the sd card is very low quality
    Hi
    I've got an old cannon mvx 450 mini camcorder.

The video I shoot using the sd card is very low quality. The settings are for best quality

Also does anyone know if when using a tape [assuming I'm not going to get good quality using the card,] and after the footage is converted to something my PC understands what sort of quality will it be. I have heard both that its much below that made by a proper digital camcorder. I also heard that it will be just as good, and that the PC can read what’s on the tape without any conversion

Any one have any ideas about either problem
    Thanks
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 30, 2014, 06:42 AM
    Upgrade the camera for better picture quality. It is the amount of information that makes the difference when first getting it on video that counts.

Feb 4, 2014, 02:07 AM
    That's not helpful or particularly clever
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 4, 2014, 02:58 PM
    It may not be clever but it is the truth. If you are using an older camera then most likely the megapixel count is low. The newer cameras can shoot at 1080P. The only true way to achieve that is to start with it. Trying to modify video after it has been shot tends to bleeds colors and doesnt look exactly correct.

Feb 4, 2014, 08:36 PM
    cdad. That's not the point, if I bring my old car into a garage complaining that its started going to slow the mechanic doesn't suggest I buy a Ferrari,. thats in effect is what you are doing.

I saw a cheaper lower spec cam many [20] years ago make much much better video, your answer obviously needs rethinking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me training programn for quality control and quality analysis in banglore [ 1 Answers ]

Tell me where I approach for training / project program of quality control and quality analysis in Bangalore

Poor quality video output [ 2 Answers ]

After the cables and monitor are checked,a computer system continues to producee poor quality video output.What should you do next? (Choose all that apply) A. Swap the monitor. B. Swap the video card C. Reload the video driver D. Repair the monitor

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

View more questions Search